For a long time, I've looked forward to the winter meetings because, even with O'Brien or Bowden, the anticipation of who the Reds could acquire to help the team was almost unbearable. This year, I tremble in fear.

It's unfair to even pretend to know what Krivsky will do this off-season, but if past performance is any indication, we're heading toward a pitching and defense heavy lineup. There is nothing wrong with pitching and defense, in fact, you need large doses of both to win, but do you forsake offense for those two attributes? If Krivsky continues the philosophy that an Austin Kearns and a Felipe Lopez is worth a Majewski and a Bray without regard for runs needed, will the Reds be worth going to see? I wonder...

If the rumors are true about Adam Dunn being shopped, and I think he is, some team will take him for pitching prospects (forget a good pitcher--they're in short supply). That would mean that Krivsky will have given up potentially 280 runs and 75-80 HRs in less than a year. It will take more than prospects to make up that huge deficit.

So, while many cheer and clap at the prospect of Adam Dunn leaving, I can't help but wonder what this franchise will become in the future. While other teams swing for the short fences at GAB, we'll be moving the runner over, bunting, and hitting sacrifice flies in mass. Nothing in particular wrong with that if you have enough of them, but an outfield of Denorfia, Freel, and the infamous player to be named later does not make me wish for the season to start. The infield prospects leave with the same feeling. Will the pitching really be significantly better? It sure wasn't last year after the trade. What eveidence do we have to prove it will be after the meetings?

And for all the wonderful things BC has done for our outlook, the team still finished under .500. Yes, I'll give him time, but pledging your love to a manager who has yet to win and a rookie GM who still has a lot of explaining to do, leaves me wondering what in the heck is going on?

Like I said, I temble in fear...