Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Orenthal please die already?

Could Orenthal please die already?

It obvious that he is ready for his deathbed confession, all he needs now is the deathbed. Nice to see that executives at Fox continue to raise the bar in network broadcast ethics.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,229504,00.html

O.J. Simpson to Tell FOX How He Would Have Killed Slain Wife Nicole

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

LOS ANGELES — FOX plans to broadcast an interview with O.J. Simpson in which the former football star discusses "how he would have committed" the slayings of his ex-wife and her friend, for which he was acquitted in a widely-watched trial, the network said.

The two-part interview, titled "O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened," will air Nov. 27 and Nov. 29, the TV network said.

Simpson has agreed to an "unrestricted" interview with book publisher Judith Regan, FOX said.

"O.J. Simpson, in his own words, tells for the first time how he would have committed the murders if he were the one responsible for the crimes," the network said in a statement. "In the two-part event, Simpson describes how he would have carried out the murders he has vehemently denied committing for over a decade."

The interview will air days before Simpson's new book, "If I Did It," goes on sale Nov. 30. The book, published by Regan, "hypothetically describes how the murders would have been committed."

In a video clip on the network's Web site, an off-screen interviewer says to Simpson, "You wrote 'I have never seen so much blood in my life.'"

"I don't think any two people could be murdered without everybody being covered in blood," Simpson responds.

Simpson, who now lives in Florida, was acquitted in a criminal trial of the 1994 killings of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ronald Goldman. Simpson was later found liable in 1997 in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the Goldman family.

Messages left with Simpson and his attorney Yale Galanter were not immediately returned.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Could Orenthal please die already?

I realize that FOX News is an all purpose whipping boy for some here, but I have no problem with FOX running a story about one of the most notorious murders in the last several decades. As for O.J. Simpson, wow--just wow. I still cannot believe that I ever cheered for the guy. I find it hard to watch him in the "Naked Gun" film series.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

How he would have done it? He wrote a book about an imaginary scenario?

"If I wanted to kill Nicole, I would have found one of them space ray guns the aliens use. I would have snuck up on her while she was in the shower and shot her so she turned into space ashes, which would then be rinsed down the shower drain -- no body. Then I would have jumped on a unicorn and rode away to Narnia."
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I don't get it. I read it over a few times to see if I missed something. He's going to explain the methods he would have used if given the chance to kill his ex wife and friend? That doesn't make any sense at all. Why would he do that?

What else can you say but "wow."
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    . Why would he do that?

$
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I don't get it. I read it over a few times to see if I missed something. He's going to explain the methods he would have used if given the chance to kill his ex wife and friend? That doesn't make any sense at all. Why would he do that?
    To get his enormous, ego-centric cranium in the spotlight a bit longer. For O.J.--being despised worldwide is not nearly as distressing as being irrelevant.

My big questions are: Why would Fox feel that anybody would clamor to watch this mess? Which of their big-ticket advertisers wants to align themselves with network programming that glamorizes a double-homicidal sociopath?
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

I feel horrible for the Brown and Goldman families. Now he's attempting to profit off of how he would kill Nicole and Ron. Sick!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I realize that FOX News is an all purpose whipping boy for some here, but I have no problem with FOX running a story about one of the most notorious murders in the last several decades. As for O.J. Simpson, wow--just wow. I still cannot believe that I ever cheered for the guy. I find it hard to watch him in the "Naked Gun" film series.
    This isn't a True Hollywood story "about" O.J. This is his play-by-play accounting of how he "could have" erased the mother of his two children from the Earth.

You DO realize that his children are still alive and able to watch this unmitigated disaster, right?

Could OJ be re-charged or would that be considered double jeopardy? If not has the statue of limitations passed or does one exist for murder in California?

Just curious since he could in theory state he would have killed them in the manner in which they were killed which would be punch to the gut to a lot of people.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Could OJ be re-charged or would that be considered double jeopardy? If not has the statue of limitations passed or does one exist for murder in California?

Just curious since he could in theory state he would have killed them in the manner in which they were killed which would be punch to the gut to a lot of people.
    Double jeopardy.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I realize that FOX News is an all purpose whipping boy for some here, but I have no problem with FOX running a story about one of the most notorious murders in the last several decades.
    It's still pathetic. Imagine your children being murdered, the guy who did it gets off, and then he writes a book about how he "hypothetically" would have done it if he were the killer, to make some money. And then a network like FOX brodcasts a chat they did with him so they can profit from it as well.

There are a lot of low things to do in this life, but I can't think of a single one lower than what OJ SImpson is doing. And FOX is right there, too, getting in on the action.

Reading some of the posts in the discussion on liability issues as well as this one has convinced me that it is okay to do anything in this world as long as it is in the name of making money.

Fox news barely covered the Election last tuesday after all their horses lost, perhaps they are going the way of MTV, ESPN and CMT and entering the "Entertainment" business?

That should make them a more credible source for news- yep, plain as day that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    My big questions are: Why would Fox feel that anybody would clamor to watch this mess? Which of their big-ticket advertisers wants to align themselves with network programming that glamorizes a double-homicidal sociopath?

That's more disgusting to me than O.J. wanting to do this.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

The more I think about it the more disgusted I get with the whole thing. I never considered their children. I don't know how old they are now, but can you imagine watching a TV show in which your father describes the way he would have killed your deceased mother. "Hey, look so this is how daddy was going to kill mommy.." It's an inexcusable indignation by FOX if this thing actually airs.

But I guess this is what FOX wants. More controversy = more viewers = more cash...

There should be something done. This crap has to stop somewhere.

Turn Off Ads?