Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball Thread

Re: College Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Losing national relevancy sucks big time.
    Bearcats fans say hi.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Meh. Early season games don't matter much. KU was 2-3 last season and went on to win the Big 12.
    Yep. KU has a loaded roster and with that comes ego's. It takes time to develop the team first attitude needed.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

College hoops is my bridge between the end of the NFL and spring training. Early Bracketology has now been unleashed, and the next two to three months should be a fun ride.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Florida, North Carolina, Ohio State, and Kansas got the bulk of the attention at the beginning of the season, but UCLA and Arizona look incredibly strong at the moment. UCLA is currently #1 in the RPI with a #2 SOS, and Arizona is #2 in the RPI with a #1 SOS. UCLA is currently ranked 1st in both the AP and Coaches poll, and Arizona is ranked 7th in each poll.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Alabama getting SMACKED by Arkansas

Duke lost to Va. Tech

Andy Kennedy makes his SEC debut tonight against the Wildcats

Even though they are barely ranked in the Top 25, I like Memphis to makes some noise in the tourney this March.

What about Alabama getting smacked down by the Razorbacks??

How do you think we'll end up doing?

I'm actually feeling pretty good about how the team is looking... they at least seem to be a real tight group.

And UCLA got upended by Oregon. Time for UNC to take their turn in the hot seat.

Always nice to see Duke lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm actually feeling pretty good about how the team is looking... they at least seem to be a real tight group.
    I will admit, we have a schedule that is very favorable early. The first real challenge is January 28th when the Vols come to Rupp. February will tell whether or not UK will be in the mix. Games against Florida(H), Tennessee(A), Alabama(A), and LSU(H) will tell whether or not this team is for real.

If the Cats can win out in January, I imagine things will be looking up heading into a brutal February.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Northern Iowa holds serve at home against Southern Illinois to claim sole possession of 1st place in the Missouri Valley. Tough week coming up for the Panthers with a game on Tuesday at Illinois State and a big one on Friday at home against their nemesis, Creighton. Wichita St will play Missouri St. on ESPNU tomorrow at 5:30. Should be an excellent game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Any day is a good day when Duke loses at home to an unranked opponent....

I kinda think Alabama might end of being a paper tiger this year. All I know is that playing on the road in the SEC in brutal and, with their double-digit win yesterday, UK is now 1-0

The East is gonna be top heavy with UF, UK and Tennessee. I look for Georgia to surprise some people.

The West is gonna dominated be LSU, Arkansas (who I loved last year), and Bama. I personally think Auburn is a year or two away--which means they'll probably whack UK in Rupp on Wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    College hoops is my bridge between the end of the NFL and spring training. Early Bracketology has now been unleashed, and the next two to three months should be a fun ride.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Florida, North Carolina, Ohio State, and Kansas got the bulk of the attention at the beginning of the season, but UCLA and Arizona look incredibly strong at the moment. UCLA is currently #1 in the RPI with a #2 SOS, and Arizona is #2 in the RPI with a #1 SOS. UCLA is currently ranked 1st in both the AP and Coaches poll, and Arizona is ranked 7th in each poll.
    My Trojans are gonna beat UCLA and Arizona both this week. You heard it here first! But seriously, the Pac-10 is unreal this year. UCLA and Arizona could win the National Championship. Oregon is damn good. Washington may be the most talented team in the country but they are very young. If all the talent starts to gel at one time then watch out for them. Washington State will be ranked tomorrow, and USC will receive some votes for the top 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Oden is not staying another year. He is the definition of one and done. Heck, he's already the consensus Number 1 overall pick in the NBA draft, so why stay.

The only way is if this wrist injury keeps him out longer than expected - but still, it won't affect him being drafted number 1, so I think he leaves no matter what
    I guess each of you have seen more in Oden than I have, so far all I see is big, the occasional dunk, blocked shot and interference of inside shots that comes with any big man.

He looks like the NBA players would wear him out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    I guess each of you have seen more in Oden than I have, so far all I see is big, the occasional dunk, blocked shot and interference of inside shots that comes with any big man.

I've seen him play about 10 times in person and the biggest thing I see that he needs to work on is wanting the ball. I know his wrist is bothering him this year and that could have something to do with it, but even last year he didn't post up with intensity. I've seen flashes of his offensive aggressiveness but just flashes, but he's definetly more aggressive on defense than he is on offense. I've met him, and he's a great kid but I almost think that he's too nice on offense, afraid to be thought of as selfish. I mean that's just an outsiders opinion, just the way it seems to me watching the games. And I root for him, so I am not just running him down because I'm an IU fan. I always hope for Oden to play great and Ohio St. lose.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post

I guess we have.

He's dominating. He is playing with zero flexibility in his right hand, he can't shoot the ball over 5 feet with that hand. How is he supposed to do anything but dunk?
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

UCLA and Arizona could win the National Championship.
    This is basketball. Only one champion per year.

Turn Off Ads?