One man's trash is another man's treasure. many times over the past season i read and gave opinions on Wayne K's digging of what was perceived as "garbage" signings or trades aka for a ptbl. I know without a doubt the astute Red's fan's on Redszone will shake there head and go , yes I have thought the same thing! BTW your welcome in advance as I was the first drunk long time fan to put these thoughts on this site.
1. Byung Kyu Lee (scary thought is this guy is going to make over 2 million some where is that crazy or what?)
2. Gary Matthews (good god he asked Texas for over 10 million a year ! Has this guy not been passed around more than a bad clam dip at a party)
3. Jeff Suppan (sure to get 8 million a year over say 3 or 4 years !) we complain about Milton but come on now this guy is has been horrendous forever.
4. Frank Thomas Just received 10 million a year for next 2 years with the Jay's. I have to add that I love this guy but come on now are you kidding me? Frank could end up on the (ir) from a simple thing as a lobster fork accident.
5. Alex Gonzalez some fool is going to hand him a 3 yr deal at about 21 million or more. Personally I take my chances with a 6 yr monor league vet who can field the position and bat him 8th and use the dollars for a proven bat at another position of need.
6. Mark Loretta Want to bet this guy gets a deal that would make you say omg the world of baseball has become insane!?
7. Jamie Walker Rumor has it the Orioles just signed this guy for 10 million over the next 3 years. The Red's fans complain about the "heist" that Washington pulled on them but yet if Majik was a Free agent for even 1 moment do you even doubt that he would have received more than this guy ?
8. Mark Redman This guy is going to get at least 7 million a year over the next 3 years from somebody and maybe more. I'm sorry but I rather grab a utility if'er and a mid reliever.
9.Jay Payton not to be hard on the guy seriously but if he was useful would some team by now not have kept him ?
10.Gil Meche Ah Gil Meche the siren's song such promise such recovery from tj surgery and what will it cost you ? ( million a year for atleast 3 years for a 3rd or 4th starter in a rotation. How sad is that ?
11.Steve Trachsel somebody is going to give this guy $$$ I am sorry I do not care how many games he won last year. I am dead serious about this if any team gives him $$$$ they deserve the truth he is god awful and has been released or sent packing from awful cub and jay's teams he is truly the anti-christ of this free-agency draft.
12.Chan Ho Park Has this guy not stolen enough money disguising himself as a pitcher ?
13.Dave Roberts Nice player decent ability and excellent in the field but for love of Christ! He is going to get a contranct almost equal to Joe Crede's next year I bet. I so hope I am wrong but I fear the worst.
14.Tony Armas Jr If the going rate for starting pitchers is say around 8 million for mediocre then this guy is going to get atleast that and only due to the fact he is severe injury prone.
15.Ramon Ortiz- What better to end a soap box rant than to bring this guy up. The cold irony is I fear the Red's may actually bid on him , This guy sums up exactly the madness of free agency and why unlike the "girl" with a reputation in high school should not seduce you as the long term "burning" effect can come back to bite you in the .
Build from within and use the dollars you dive into free agency for on proven commiditys and realize promise does not equal track record.