Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sony Playstation 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    University of Cincinnati

Sony Playstation 3

I originally heard only 400,000 would be available tonight at midnight. Now I've read that only 200,000 would be tonight. Is anyone trying to get one?
    THE University of Cincinnati

Re: Sony Playstation 3

Quote Originally Posted by beb30 View Post
    I originally heard only 400,000 would be available tonight at midnight. Now I've read that only 200,000 would be tonight. Is anyone trying to get one?
    If you not already in line you are probably not getting one this week. I read a story where in the Dayton area there have people camped in front of stores like Best Buy since Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    I read a story where in the Dayton area there have people camped in front of stores like Best Buy since Tuesday.
    That's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    That's just sad.
    It's actually not as sad as you think. I have a few friends who are camping out to buy around 5 or 6 Playstation 3s. They're going to keep one for themselves, and sell the rest on ebay, which will catch anywhere from $1500-$2500 each. They'll easily pocket $5000 each after the weekend.

It's actually not as sad as you think. I have a few friends who are camping out to buy around 5 or 6 Playstation 3s. They're going to keep one for themselves, and sell the rest on ebay, which will catch anywhere from $1500-$2500 each. They'll easily pocket $5000 each after the weekend.
    http://www.wral.com/technology/10331292/detail.html

Gamers, Opportunists Line Up Early For PS3 Debut

POSTED: 9:47 pm EST November 15, 2006
    UPDATED: 11:12 pm EST November 15, 2006

CARY, N.C. -- The PlayStation 3 gaming console doesn't go on sale until Friday, but people are already lining up to buy it.

Outside one Cary store, the line started forming just before noon Wednesday. Gamers and people trying to make a buck are going to great lengths to get their hands on the latest electronic craze.

"You can make a lot of money if you had a few of them," said Dillon Selinger, who was one of the people waiting outside the Target store Wednesday afternoon for one of the eight units expected to go on sale Friday.

Thomas Rosatti and his buddies were first in line at the store. But shortly after they pitched their tent, they got company.

"A truck rolls up, one of those U-Haul type trucks, and seriously, 50 people rolled out, and he says they got them from the homeless shelter," Rosatti said.

While WRAL was there, the truck used to transport the men from the homeless shelter returned with food for the men. Abdul Salem said he and a friend came up with the idea. They said they plan to pay the men $100 a day to stand in line for a ticket to purchase a PS3 unit that costs around $600.

"It's got to be the eBay incentive," Salem said.

The eBay incentive is all about money. The going price on the site for a PS3 unit is approaching $2,000. Salem called his arrangement with the men from Raleigh's homeless community a win/win proposition.

"We thought we could lend them a hand, throw them a few bucks, and at the same time make a little something off of it," he said.

The Target store manager declined to comment on camera, but he did say the store doesn't plan to make any judgments about people standing in line. The tickets will be handed out on a first-come, first-serve basis at 8 a.m. Friday.

Anyone that pays $2000 for a PS3 on ebay needs his/her head examined.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    If you not already in line you are probably not getting one this week. I read a story where in the Dayton area there have people camped in front of stores like Best Buy since Tuesday.
    There was a line outside the Best Buy in Sunrise, FL yesterday and I didn't know what it was for. Now I do.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Any bets on how well the first-edition PS3s actually work? I imagine they will be slightly less stable than Courtney Love.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Any bets on how well the first-edition PS3s actually work? I imagine they will be slightly less stable than Courtney Love.

Agreed. You will likely be better off waiting a bit before buying one.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I work at a Target store. I went into work at 4am this morning, only to see what looked like a camp ground. People in tents waiting for the store to open up.

People are nuts.

I'll pass until it drops into a more realistic price range (ie, 50% off).

University of Cincinnati

If I didn't have a full time job, id be camping out days in advance, there is just way to much money to be made even off of just one. Easily a $1400 profit. Heck i saw 1 today on ebay for $4,005 with 7 min left and that was only with like 2 games and 2 controllers

Quote Originally Posted by beb30 View Post
    If I didn't have a full time job, id be camping out days in advance, there is just way to much money to be made even off of just one. Easily a $1400 profit. Heck i saw 1 today on ebay for $4,005 with 7 min left and that was only with like 2 games and 2 controllers
    I'd have a very nice Christmas with that type of profit (i.e. over $3000)!

Just stopped at Circuit City and saw people camping out. Then I realized what it was for.

If I didnt have to be at work until 7(Circuit City opens at 8), I would probably go back and try to get one and sell it on EBay.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

University of Cincinnati

Heck yeah basically get an engagement ring for my g/f for almost free

Turn Off Ads?