Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sony Playstation 3

Re: Sony Playstation 3

Exactly. A lot are college kids. $1800 is a lot of PBR.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    You are assuming these people have jobs.
    That's a good point. The same decision making process that lends someone to sleep outside for any number of days in a Best Buy parking lot, usually isn't the same skill set an employer is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    Exactly. A lot are college kids. $1800 is a lot of PBR.
    Well, that's a good point too. I had forgotten the magical siren call of beer fuled mayhem and the lengths people (including myself) would go to fund said fravolity. Especially when mom and dad are likely footing the $600 seed money anyway.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 11-17-2006 at 01:11 PM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

If I didn't have a job, I'd have been in line trying to score one of these to sell on eBay. Scoring a $2,000 profit for basically a few hours of waiting is fantastic -- that's almost 3 months of my intern salary.

There is going to be a "trickle" of PS3s coming into the States between now and Christmas, if you believe what Sony is saying -- it's worth the couple minutes out of my day to try and track one down to sell for Christmas. Even if the sale prices get more reasonable and I only make $400-$500 on the sale, that's still absolutely worth it for me.

As for the PS3 itself -- I've heard it's basically a $600 paperweight unless you have an HDTV, since the advantage of a blue-ray player and the better graphics doesn't show up nearly as much on a standard-def television. I, personally, won't be purchasing one until HDTVs stop being insanely expensive.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

I think people who pay 2000 plus for a PS3 should be arrested
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I think people who pay 2000 plus for a PS3 should be arrested
    I think they should be institutionalized.

I had no idea this was even going on. How does this differ from the last one?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I think they should be institutionalized.

I had no idea this was even going on. How does this differ from the last one?
    This one is built as a platform for the new blu-ray DVD format. It essentially is a super high definition product. That is what this is really all about, getting blu-ray a foothold.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

I got one on costco today. Pretty incredible. The site was crashed for hours but it was in my cart, I refreshed until I got the order confirmation.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    As for the PS3 itself -- I've heard it's basically a $600 paperweight unless you have an HDTV, since the advantage of a blue-ray player and the better graphics doesn't show up nearly as much on a standard-def television. I, personally, won't be purchasing one until HDTVs stop being insanely expensive.
    They're really not that bad anymore, although I guess it all depends on your definition of "insanely expensive". If you're talking a big screen plasma, then yeah, it might be up there, but you can get a pretty nice one for $1000-1500.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I got one on costco today. Pretty incredible. The site was crashed for hours but it was in my cart, I refreshed until I got the order confirmation.
    Just wait until you see your credit card getting charged eight times...
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    They're really not that bad anymore, although I guess it all depends on your definition of "insanely expensive". If you're talking a big screen plasma, then yeah, it might be up there, but you can get a pretty nice one for $1000-1500.

Just wait until you see your credit card getting charged eight times...
    Didn't happen. I called Costco and already have a confirmation. You are only allowed one purchase per family and it's fine.

Did you get the 60 gig or 20 gig version, Ced? Are you gonna keep it or sell it on ebay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Stat geek...and proud

Wait until the system some people with too much money to burn spent 2 grand on gets the dreaded "disc read error." Heck, I went thru 3 PS2's, and only one of them was the first gen. I'm going 360 this time around. Can't have much worse luck. PS3 doesn't have much exclusive stuff I'd want to play anyway, with the exception of Square's stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Did you get the 60 gig or 20 gig version, Ced? Are you gonna keep it or sell it on ebay?
    I got the 60 gig bundle from Costco. 699 before taxes.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna sell it honestly. I still got time to decide before it ships in

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Wait until the system some people with too much money to burn spent 2 grand on gets the dreaded "disc read error." Heck, I went thru 3 PS2's, and only one of them was the first gen. I'm going 360 this time around. Can't have much worse luck. PS3 doesn't have much exclusive stuff I'd want to play anyway, with the exception of Square's stuff.
    My roommate got a 360 on its launch date. For a first gen system, we haven't had a single problem with it to date. So I think it's safe to assume any bugs it had at launch have been fixed by now.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

Well, I somewhat disagree. My Xbox 360 definitely looks 1000x better graphically on my HDTV compared to my SDTV, but the games are still just as fun.

And HDTV's aren't all that expensive anymore. You can get a decent 42" Plasma for not much more than $1500. My plasma cost me $2000 back in February.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bengalsown View Post
    And HDTV's aren't all that expensive anymore. You can get a decent 42" Plasma for not much more than $1500. My plasma cost me $2000 back in February.
    I guess "expensive" is a term relative to one's standard of living. For me, personally, $1500 is extremely expensive -- especially given that I paid $250 for my last television.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?