Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peavy Available?

Peavy Available?

Foxsports rumors says that Jake Peavy might be available. This guy is a stud, I cant believe they would consider moving him. But he had some arm problems last year and his numbers werent as great, however If we could get him for dunn I would do it in a second. Im not sure if dunn alone would do it but with his struggles last year it might. If wayne can pull this off, even possibly throwing in another player or two thats not essential to the future, then this team would be alot better for 07.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Peavy Available?

THe only time you can get a Peavy is after a year like he had. He was very BABIP unlucky last year.

Get him if you can.

If we could pull off a trade like the Pirates did with the Padres getting Oliver Perez (when he had a high ceiling) and Jason Bey, Krivsky would be a genius.

I just read this on Fox Sports also....they also said that the Reds are still trying for Giles....What are the needs for the Padres?

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I'd do Dunn, Coffey, and Minor League Arm (Pelland or Medlock) for Peavy

Wonder if the padres would have any intrest in larue? Piazza is old and horrible defensively. Im sure we would have to pay some of his salary but they might be a team that would take him.

The Padres are dangling Linebrink in almost every trade rumor. Coffey would be a good replacement for Linebrink. So a Dunn, Coffey and minor leaguer might be good enough to get Peavy. Unfortunately I think that minor leaguer is Bailey. Then I would have to decline.

I'm pretty sure they're happy with Josh Bard, who had a monster year offensively for them last year, though his rep is primarily defensive. That said, I would be thilled to get Peavy for Dunn, though it only makes sense if we signed a bat to replace him.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

If there was a realistic chance to get Peavy i would definatly give up Dunn or Bailey....maybe not both but i would build a centerpiece around either of those guys to try and get him.

You would have to make sure he is healthy. I can't fathom why the Pads would want to deal a healthy Peavy but rumors of shoulder issues swirled around him all season.

Doesn't Peavy have a partially torn labrum?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    I'd do Dunn, Coffey, and Minor League Arm (Pelland or Medlock) for Peavy
    Yes, I'd do that if Peavy is healthy. IMO, Peavy is one of only a few pitchers who have a chance of having an impact on run differential equal to or better than Dunn.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    That's my understanding as well. Kriv should be cautious with this one...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    It's better than the injury Kerry Wood had earlier this season: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47978
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Peavy?

I'm in....

Turn Off Ads?