Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Questions for Cody Strait?

adamf

Questions for Cody Strait?

I've line up media credentials for the Arizona Fall League, where I hope to interview Cody Strait. Does anyone have any questions that they would like me to ask him?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Questions for Cody Strait?

Does he have a sister?

On a more serious note: Has he made any changes to his approach or swing this offseason to help put the ball in play more?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

He kind of burst onto the scene this year with 50 stolen bases after just 25 last year, and in college he wasnt much of a base stealer, at least not to the extent he was this year. What is the difference with this year?

adamf

I started putting together my list of questions and the two that you guys have asked are right in line with what caught my eye.

I did want to know if he wanted to have a sister...j/k. Hopefully, I run into him!
    Last edited by adamf; 11-12-2006 at 04:57 AM.

See if you can find out when he has to be protected on the 40 man roster and how many options does he have left. See what he thinks about the Reds organization and about what level he starts to expect to be assigned to this year.
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 11-11-2006 at 05:57 PM.

I am, by no means, a transactions expert, but here is my impression on how options work: I believe 2007 is the first year he has to be protected from the rule five draft on the 40-man roster (since his first professional year was 2004). Since it is extremely unlikely that a team would pick him up, he probably won't be put on the 40-man roster. However, when he is put on the 40-man roster, it will start his three "option years". After those three years, in order for him to be sent back to the minors, he'd have to pass through waivers.

Thanks for the info Camisadelgolf.

adamf

I met up with Cody! Great guy. I'll post a link to the interview once it's published.

Plz post pix of his sis. :ughmamoru

REDHEART

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He kind of burst onto the scene this year with 50 stolen bases after just 25 last year, and in college he wasnt much of a base stealer, at least not to the extent he was this year. What is the difference with this year?
    Hello!! I'm new to the RedZone, and would like to comment on Cody Strait as my first post. Regarding his only 25 stolen bases in Dayton. Powell' s style of managing was very conservative, the guys were not given the opportunity to steal at will.

Plz post pix of his sis.
    Diddo that. Nice. :

is his sister hot or something?

Turn Off Ads?