Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Bo Schembechler passed away

Re: Bo Schembechler is hospitalized before the Big Game.

ESPN News is carrying the local Michigan Channel 7 Feed. They did show some of the interview that he had just been taping. Nothing abnormal. Pretty neat career highlight montage being shown as well.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bo Schembechler passed away.

Honestly this guy is loved more in Columbus, OH than some of our coaches since Woody.

RIP
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Re: Updated: Bo Schembechler passed away

My god, that is so very sad, he was a great man for many and a one of a kind coach.

RIP Bo Schembechler. I wonder how this will play into the big game tomorrow. I will always remember him when he was the Michigan AD in a press conference after Bill Freider had left to go to Arizona State. He was telling the reporters he didn't want Frieder to stay on for the NCAA Tournament because he wanted a Michigan man to coach not an Arizona man. I kinda of admired him for that. Schembechler said he would coach the team if had to but we all know what happened. Fisher caught a bolt of lightening and won the NCAA championship.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I wish that Ohio State and Michigan along with ABC would do something unprecedented tomorrow, beyond showing respect, I wish that they would show heart and soul and set the game aside for more than the traditional moment.

To see both schools agree and both coaches and teams come to the middle of the field, and for the coaches to speak before millions, for both to dedicate the game to Bo.

Bo made this game what it is. Without Bo a big part of Woody would have never been, a big part of Michigan vs. Ohio State never would have been, in a very big way Bo made the show that is to be played tomorrow what it is. Both schools owe Bo a great deal so it would be appropriate for both to express that while setting the game aside for a bit, for Bo.

not that anyone is looking at it but they might want to close the Dead Schembechler thread

He was telling the reporters he didn't want Frieder to stay on for the NCAA Tournament because he wanted a Michigan man to coach not an Arizona man.
    And his replacement led them to the championship. Good times.

RIP, Bo. I just saw a great column about Bo

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_...yhoo&type=lgns
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    I wish that Ohio State and Michigan along with ABC would do something unprecedented tomorrow, beyond showing respect, I wish that they would show heart and soul and set the game aside for more than the traditional moment.

To see both schools agree and both coaches and teams come to the middle of the field, and for the coaches to speak before millions, for both to dedicate the game to Bo.

Bo made this game what it is. Without Bo a big part of Woody would have never been, a big part of Michigan vs. Ohio State never would have been, in a very big way Bo made the show that is to be played tomorrow what it is. Both schools owe Bo a great deal so it would be appropriate for both to express that while setting the game aside for a bit, for Bo.
    I would think that Tressel and Carr have this covered for tomorrow.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I would think that Tressel and Carr have this covered for tomorrow.
    I agree. Lloyd, one of Bo's best friends, and Tressel, a noted believer in traditions of the game, are two people I would expect to do no matter what it takes to make sure that Bo is remembered in this game.

As a side note, no matter what NCAA sanctions are put in place, I expect Michigan to have a patch or a sticker on their jersey or helmet for tomorrow's game to remember Bo. The University will undoubtedly pay huge dollars for any fines incurred as a result just to make sure a tribute is carried out.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Wow, how sad. RIP, Bo.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Not only do I hope to see a fitting tribute tomorrow for the game by both schools, I sincerely hope that Ohio State fans and students are respectful and quiet for the ceremony or moment of silence whatever they decide to do. I know most fans will, but the majority of the students will be liquored up and might not understand the magnitude of Bo's impact on college football and the rivalry between OSU and UM.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Not only do I hope to see a fitting tribute tomorrow for the game by both schools, I sincerely hope that Ohio State fans and students are respectful and quiet for the ceremony or moment of silence whatever they decide to do. I know most fans will, but the majority of the students will be liquored up and might not understand the magnitude of Bo's impact on college football and the rivalry between OSU and UM.

RIP
    Oh, I'm quite certain that most OSU students and fans are aware of Bo's place in this rivalry. Whether they'll be respectful or not, I don't know. I hope they are.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

For a Level Playing Field

I am stunned. The sad news, the timing... just shocking to me. I am a huge OSU fan, but I have always respected Bo. He was a great coach and seemed to turn many boys into men. He will be missed. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post

RIP
    I hope so too. I hope the OSU fans exhibit the class that they believe they have.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?