Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Bo Schembechler passed away

Re: Updated: Bo Schembechler passed away

What tragic news. Woody and Bo were the face of this rivalry and it was always kind of nice, even as a Buckeye, to still see Bo and hear what he had to say. His great stories about his relationship with Woody and his love of UM football were priceless. He will be missed in Columbus as he will most assuredly be in Ann Arbor.

As some have already said, and if you believe in such things, I'm sure the good Lord has prepared a nice spot for Bo and Woody to watch tomorrow's game together. If you hear thunder during the game you'll know it's those two going at it.

R.I.P. Bo.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Gene Smith, OSU AD, said they plan on having a moment of silence.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

hollywood mid westerner

Sad sad eerie news.

the timing is unbelievable. As a fellow alumn as Bo was, I am quite sorrowed. Its not a good year to be associated with Miami U football (roethlisberger, randy walker, terry hoeppner, and now bo)

Bo apparently addressed this year's Michigan team yesterday.

His final words to the team: "YOU MUST OUTPLAY OHIO STATE!"

You will be missed, Bo.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Worth The Wait

The ironic timing of this is almost creepy. Sad news.

hollywood mid westerner

Did anybody hear Larry Smith on ESPN radio

just now? talking about Schemblecher? I started to tear up listening to him.

man.

Re: Did anybody hear Larry Smith on ESPN radio

Quote Originally Posted by Patpacillosjock View Post
    just now? talking about Schemblecher? I started to tear up listening to him.

man.
    No. What was said?
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Good article on Bo at SI from 1981....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ack/index.html

Pay attention to the open sky

hollywood mid westerner

Re: Did anybody hear Larry Smith on ESPN radio

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    No. What was said?

Just recalling stories of being with Bo at Michigan and how close Smith's wife was with Bo and funny stories on how they would jones one another.

Smith started choking up when he told as story of Bo having a heart attack in LA after the rose bowl and at the hospital bo and his wife asks Smith and his wife to go back home and look over their 3 young sons for 3 months while Bo was recuperating in the hospital.

to hear a grown man cry is one of the toughest things for me. Especially when you realize these two men spent so much time together in the football trenches and having a friendship last 40 years...i mean wow.

It really hit home.

Re: Bo Schembechler is hospitalized before the Big Game.

[QUOTE=Red Leader;1193579]My friend at work sent me an email and said "Now Bo and Woody can watch the game together tomorrow and scream at each other until they both lose their voices."

This is weird, because that was my very first reaction too. Now Woody and Bo can watch THE game together.
    Rest in peace Bo, and GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!

Julz

RIP Bo.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

If Ohio State fans react in any other way than 100% respectful during the moment of silence, I will be totally disgraced and disgusted with my fellow fanbase.

And as others have said, Woody just needed somebody to watch the game with.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I just read that Bo once served as the Detroit Tigers team president in the early 1990s. I didn't know that until just now.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    If Ohio State fans react in any other way than 100% respectful during the moment of silence, I will be totally disgraced and disgusted with my fellow fanbase.

And as others have said, Woody just needed somebody to watch the game with.
    You're right on. I fear there may be some classlessness, but that may just be the cynic in me.

There is a point when rivalries no longer matter. This is one of them.

My heartfelt prayers go out to the Schembechler family and all at Ann Arbor, and all Michigan fans.

Woody and Bo didn't create the OSU-Michigan rivalry.... but they sure did exemplify it.

As a now middle aged man I can remember, after living through the turbulent 60's, having a "letdown" with the decade of the 70's. Most of my generation couldn't wait to get out of it.

But now older and looking back, it wasn't so bad. I was a fortunate man to have been able to experience such events as the Big Red Machine and the OSU-Michigan rivalry at it's height (IMO).

But don't think there won't be a "Lets win one for the Gipper" speech in that Wolverine locker room today.

I am always kind of emotionally depressed whenever OSU loses to Michigan. What a state to be in for most the last 20 years huh?

And while my competitiveness, and wanting to win this game certainly hasn't changed with the passing of Bo, if they win today, I will proudly wear their colors and be a Michigan fan for the remainder of the season in tribute to a greater coach and competitor.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?