Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Jennings anyone?

Jason Jennings anyone?

Found in SI.com Truth & Rumors -

It is less likely the Rockies will be able to come to terms with pitcher Jason Jennings. Their three-year, $21 million extension offer pales in a market where Adam Eaton and Jeff Suppan are seeking $32 million and $40 million, respectively. The Rockies made it known that Jennings could be available if a deal can't be struck, leaving them with possible fits with the Twins, Astros, Cubs, Rangers and potentially the Yankees and Mets.
    Had a decent year for him - still is getting paid from the ROY.

Still, an upgrade - but not sure of his GB/FB yet.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jason Jennings anyone?

Adam Eaton wants $32 million? I'd buy him a $32 bus ticket to go away instead.

As for Jennings, he was one of those guys that a number of posters here wished DanO had pursued in previous years instead of the dreck he brought in. I'm all for going after him. The good news is that his losing record each of the last four season should help to suppress his salary for anyone negotiating a LTC with him.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Still, an upgrade - but not sure of his GB/FB yet.
    he is a rather extreme GB pitcher
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I don't share the hate of Eaton. He's got good stuff, perhaps it shows itself more now that he is into the prime of his career. Late blooming pitchers are far from unheard of.

Edited to add: I like the idea of Jennings too...
    Last edited by membengal; 11-17-2006 at 12:42 PM.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

he is a rather extreme GB pitcher
    That should make him our #2 priority player. Right after we secure a SS who can make sure he is effective.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Absolutely. Jennings is exactly the type of pitcher the Reds need to go after.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I agree Jennings is exactly the kind of pitcher the Red's should be in the market for.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Nah, I think I'll pass, a pitcher's W-L is the most important statistic and I don't like pitchers with losing records.

Is he cheap? go for it.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Is he cheap? go for it.
    He might be cheap, but he ain't easy.

i think he's a slightly superior version of Jeff Suppan. i think he would be a boon in limiting the innings the BP sees in 07.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    He might be cheap, but he ain't easy.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
    Nah, I think I'll pass, a pitcher's W-L is the most important statistic and I don't like pitchers with losing records.
    Ya gotta look at the team playing behind him though, and what contributes to that W-L record.

I'm sure Coors Field helped to inflate that 3.78 ERA and 1.34 WHIP.

He's the type of "second tier" pitcher, especially a GB pitcher, that the GAB could use.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I think with the signing of Alex Gonzalez, this FO needs to go after this guy.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Is he cheap? go for it.
    It is less likely the Rockies will be able to come to terms with pitcher Jason Jennings. Their three-year, $21 million extension offer pales in a market where Adam Eaton and Jeff Suppan are seeking $32 million and $40 million, respectively. The Rockies made it known that Jennings could be available if a deal can't be struck
    Since he'll be on the market only if he turns up his nose at 3/21 or thereabouts, it could be inferred that it would take $8-10 million per to get an extension done. Now, I'd rather have Jennings at that price than the other guys that will be signing similar contracts as free agents, but whether that's a net win depends on what we'd have to give the Rockies in trade.
    For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible

Turn Off Ads?