Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orioles Interested In Dunn?

Orioles Interested In Dunn?

From cnnsi.com

If the Orioles are unable to get a bat through free agency, they could also explore one in a trade. The Mariners' Richie Sexson and the Reds' Adam Dunn are among the players who might be available at the right price.
    -- Baltimore Sun
    Also interesting:

Don't rule out Roger Clemens joining the Red Sox staff. If the Sox can convince Clemens to waive his family clause request (he goes home to Texas between starts) and come to Boston as a closer, it would solve Boston's biggest need.
    -- Boston Globe
    What do the Orioles have that would interest the Reds? Majewski? Bedard? Cabrera? Penn? Ray? Markakis?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I'm toolsy.

Re: Orioles Interested In Dunn?

Outside of Tejada, who could the Reds target as a return for Dunn?

I don't pretend to be a minor league expert, so I will let someone that is tell us about their system. Are there any Homer Bailey's in there? Potential impact bats?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    Outside of Tejada, who could the Reds target as a return for Dunn?

I don't pretend to be a minor league expert, so I will let someone that is tell us about their system. Are there any Homer Bailey's in there? Potential impact bats?
    Val Majewski - CF
    Nick Markakis - RF
    Eric Bedard - SP
    Daniel Cabrera - SP
    Hayden Penn - SP
    Chris Ray - Closer

I would love to get Nick Markakis. I think hes going to be a stud. I would say Bedard is probably untouchable. If they would do Markakis and cabera that would be a good deal to me. Cabera throws very hard, control has been his only problem but he seems to be getting a better handle on that. And then coming from the AL East to the NL Central his numbers should improve alot. We might be able to get penn, he would be there bailey so he may very well be untouchable to, but there not going to give up anything with him. With Peter Angelos there owner being way to controlling I doubt we could work out a deal with them. They had a great deal from the angels last year and turned it down.
    Personally I say forget tejada, get markakis and cabera then sign alex gonzalez to play short.

I just want to point out that this article does not say the Orioles are interested in Dunn only that they might be looking for a bat and Dunn has one. By that reasoning you could switch the Orioles with any other team and it still be correct. Also, I consider it interesting that the Baltimore Sun seems to value Dunn about the same as Richie Sexson. Consider what you would trade for Sexson before throwing out the crazy Bedard and Tejada trade ideas.

realizing that the article is just some writers suggestion... but still running with the idea, what would we have to package with Dunn to get both Bedard & Markakis??

Quote Originally Posted by RadioWink View Post
    realizing that the article is just some writers suggestion... but still running with the idea, what would we have to package with Dunn to get both Bedard & Markakis??
    I think you can give it up because we're not getting Bedard in any reasonable deal. I would expect it would take a top pitching prospect (i.e. Cueto or Wood) and that might not be enough because they're still too far away.

I really dont think bedard will happen. Cabera maybe, but not bedard.

Roster glue

If Penn is untouchable, what would you guys think of Adam Loewen? Very imposing lefty at 6'6"; struck out 7.85/9 in 22 G last season (19 starts).

If he would be the high-ceiling arm, we would have to add a corner OF bat and a low minors prospect, and I don't know if we could get all of that for Dunn right now...maybe as the offseason goes on, Dunn's price tag will seem more modest and his trade value will rise.

Markakis and Loewen would be fine with me.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Markakis and Loewen would be fine with me.
    I agree.

If you are going to trade Adam Dunn, I think a good trade for the Reds would be Adam Loewen along with prospects, Garrett Olson (LHSP) and Nolan Reimold (OF).

Olson is said to have the best curveball, changeup, and control in the Orioles' system, and he's left handed. Reimold is probably 2-3 years away, but possesses good projected power and good defense. You know Loewen's story.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I suppose I should add that I think Markakis would love to hit at GABP, and his numbers should go up by moving from the AL East. Same effect for Loewen his numbers should get better.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Markakis is going nowhere -- he's an Angelos favorite. I'd try to package Freel with Dunn and get Tejada plus prospect Brandon Erbe.

I have a sinking feeling if we trade Dunn to Baltimore we'll be getting back Rodrigo Lopez and not much else.

Turn Off Ads?