Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Gammons reports reds sign Alex Gonzalez

Re: Gammons reports reds sign Alex Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    As it stands right now with Griffey in center and no Larue, this team is still: below average defense + awful pitching + awful offense. Not lookin' good.
    ... sometimes the truth hurts.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Of every non-pitcher free agent (aside from an obvious CFer we probably aren't even going to look into) on the market, this is the guy I wanted us to pursue. Not only did we pursue, we got him. I'm excited.

NOW GET SOME PITCHING!!!
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Of every non-pitcher free agent (aside from an obvious CFer we probably aren't even going to look into) on the market, this is the guy I wanted us to pursue. Not only did we pursue, we got him. I'm excited.

NOW GET SOME PITCHING!!!
    i'm glad we got him too.
    "Six outs to a full inning. In a major league game, you're going to play 8 or 9 innings. That is never going to change. The money changes. People change. But the game itself is never going to change. The people who designed this thing are brilliant."-Jamie Moyer

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    He also has a very poor throwing arm in the outfield... so he's about as one-dimensional as they come. I would be VERY upset if we signed Pierre.
    Pierre is a Dodger.
    "Six outs to a full inning. In a major league game, you're going to play 8 or 9 innings. That is never going to change. The money changes. People change. But the game itself is never going to change. The people who designed this thing are brilliant."-Jamie Moyer

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack2880 View Post
    Pierre is a Dodger.
    Wow. That's all I have to say about that contract.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I have to say the negative thoughts on this site is a downer the Reds were in contention until the last week oof the season thanks to Wayne yet it seems he does nothing postive just remember one year ago does anybody here really think we would be better of with Dan Obiren give the guy 2 years then complain just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by tomred View Post
    I have to say the negative thoughts on this site is a downer the Reds were in contention until the last week oof the season thanks to Wayne yet it seems he does nothing postive just remember one year ago does anybody here really think we would be better of with Dan Obiren give the guy 2 years then complain just my thoughts

Tomred take it all with a grain of salt. It is easy to criticize and for 6 division winners it provokes ways to get better and win the World Series. 2 wild card team sneak in and beyond that the "know" it all's can be proven right far more often than proven wrong. Yeah there baseball fans "so to speak" but they seldom offer solutions with any actual hard facts to back there argument I must add as a disclaimer the following. If I viewed baseball as they do, I can truly say I would quit the game altogether. If you do not have hope, or a passion for the great catches and walk off homers or clutch hits of the game.

Then why care? Why waste god's precious time in life that you breathe on something that you consider a doomed franchise a team that has no hope?
    If you can not offer realistic solutions, then all you truly are is a weak person choosing the easy side of criticism. Barry Zito to the Red's pardon my chat comment lmfao mister west coast is going to stay there or be money whipped by the Yankee's or Met's. Thats a realistic fact if you are objective.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Tomred take it all with a grain of salt. It is easy to criticize and for 6 division winners it provokes ways to get better and win the World Series. 2 wild card team sneak in and beyond that the "know" it all's can be proven right far more often than proven wrong. Yeah there baseball fans "so to speak" but they seldom offer solutions with any actual hard facts to back there argument I must add as a disclaimer the following. If I viewed baseball as they do, I can truly say I would quit the game altogether. If you do not have hope, or a passion for the great catches and walk off homers or clutch hits of the game.

Then why care? Why waste god's precious time in life that you breathe on something that you consider a doomed franchise a team that has no hope?
    If you can not offer realistic solutions, then all you truly are is a weak person choosing the easy side of criticism. Barry Zito to the Red's pardon my chat comment lmfao mister west coast is going to stay there or be money whipped by the Yankee's or Met's. Thats a realistic fact if you are objective.

What a terrible mischaracterization of many posters on this site. I don't know a single poster on this board who doesn't believe there's hope for this team. I consider someone a pessimist who says "So and so will never come here! He's too west coast." What the hell does that mean? Zito can't surf during the baseball season anyway--too damn busy (even in Oakland).

If the Reds want to win they'll win. If they want to turn a profit on the club, they'll do that. If they want to think small, then that's their prerogative. But there is absolutely nothing standing in the way of this team being great except small minds and miserliness.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    ... sometimes the truth hurts.
    That is the truth. But it's a changin.

Don't forget how miserable things were this time last year. They aren't peachy now, but they are changing.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by tomred View Post
    They were in contention thanks to weak competition from pretty much every other NL team.

Wayne deserves some credit for acquiring Arroyo, Phillips, and Ross, but he deserves blame for the Kearns/Lopez deal.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

hollywood mid westerner

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    They were in contention thanks to weak competition from pretty much every other NL team.

Wayne deserves some credit for acquiring Arroyo, Phillips, and Ross, but he deserves blame for the Kearns/Lopez deal.
    Please add the following:

Cormier
    Stanton
    Ryan Franklin
    Lohse
    Guardado

And for not only trading away Kearns/Lopez like you stated but getting these players in return:

Majewski
    Clayon

I like Bray and will be patient for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post

The club also won 7 more games then it did the year before. It was an improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Turn Off Ads?