Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunn to the Red Sox?

Dunn to the Red Sox?

If the Red Sox unload Manny this offseason, would the Red Sox be interested in Adam Dunn? They have some quality starting pitching that can be huge and they would probably take on LaRue contract in the deal as well. We could get Jon Lester, and Coco Crisp in return for Dunn, LaRue, and Pelland. That would solve a lot of problems for us. What do you think, because it was just a thought.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dunn to the Red Sox?

Quote Originally Posted by jamess697 View Post
    If the Red Sox unload Manny this offseason, would the Red Sox be interested in Adam Dunn? They have some quality starting pitching that can be huge and they would probably take on LaRue contract in the deal as well. We could get Jon Lester, and Coco Crisp in return for Dunn, LaRue, and Pelland. That would solve a lot of problems for us. What do you think, because it was just a thought.
    I don't know. But I'd sure like to have Manny on the Reds.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Lester is recovering from some form of Cancer, and his future in baseball has to be considered cloudy right now.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I forgot about that, but they have a ton of pitching so any of those pitchers would work.

Reds on short on "O" with Dunn, without him they would be woeful. If he is traded a bat will have to come back(Crisp ain't it).

Recovering Cubs Fan

I had a Dunn/ Griffey/ Freel for Manny and Crisp fantasy today. Mmmm good stuff.

I forgot about that, but they have a ton of pitching so any of those pitchers would work.
    Who, the Red Sox? The Red Sox have some pretty serious pitching problems at the moment. They may be be rectified during the offseason, but as it stands right now I think they'd be reluctant to get rid of any worthwhile pitching.

Manny is just a more extreme version of Dunn, all good points and bad, and better paid too. I don't think he'd significantly help the Reds unless he dragged Ortiz with him on his shirttails. And for all of his annual bleating, I think he'll probably be on the Sox for the rest of his career.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I don't know. But I'd sure like to have Manny on the Reds.
    Not me. I'm not interested in watching "Manny be Manny" and I darn well won't pay for it. He's a great hitter who is a shameful ballplayer. Let him wear hooded sweatshirts in the Red Sox unshaven dugout. Don't dare touch ground here.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Not me. I'm not interested in watching "Manny be Manny" and I darn well won't pay for it. He's a great hitter who is a shameful ballplayer. Let him wear hooded sweatshirts in the Red Sox unshaven dugout. Don't dare touch ground here.

Wow, so you're actually indirectly in support of Dunn?

Good thing I was sitting when I read your post....

I would definitely prefer Manny over Dunn, but in our lineup Manny would walk 300 times a year b/c there is NO ONE in our lineup that would offer him protection to see some pitches aside from maybe EE.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Manny has 10/5 rights. Don't laugh but he's unlikely to agree to a trade unless he gets MORE than the $20 mil/year the Sox pay him.

As pointed out above, Lester has cancer and IIRC has gone/is going thru chemotherapy. The media silence about is condition is very, very scary.

If the Reds trade Dunn to the Red Sox, it will probably be in some sort of swindle.
    Stick to your guns.

How about Dunn in a packaged deal to Atlanta for OF Andrew Jones?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    10-5
    Stick to your guns.

hollywood mid westerner

anybody in this thread who is comparing dunn to manny ramirez, should get their heads checked.

manny ramirez is in the top 3 hitters in the past 50 years. sox are gonna keep him to protect ortiz. the only way they trade him is for a player like A-ROD's caliber (like they tried a few years ago). Anything less is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Manny has 10/5 rights. Don't laugh but he's unlikely to agree to a trade unless he gets MORE than the $20 mil/year the Sox pay him.

As pointed out above, Lester has cancer and IIRC has gone/is going thru chemotherapy. The media silence about is condition is very, very scary.

If the Reds trade Dunn to the Red Sox, it will probably be in some sort of swindle.
    Manny would probably want an option picked up, so it would make it a 3 year deal instead of two, but probably not more per year. Who knows with him, though? The guy wants out of Boston desperately, then he doesn't, then he does, then he doesn't. Manny and the Red Sox are like an old married couple that keeps threatening to divorce each other, but neither of them really wants to when push comes to shove.

The last time Francona talked about Lester in a tv interview a few weeks ago, he sounded and looked quite positive, so don't be too scared for him yet. The media silence is because he and his family have requested privacy, so the Red Sox have been very careful. I think if there was anything new and not positive about Lester's condition, it would get out. The media is respecting his privacy, but, IMO, they wouldn't if there was something truly newsworthy to report, and bad news would be newsworthy.
    Last edited by blumj; 11-19-2006 at 12:45 PM.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    How many teams have you traded Dunn to this offseason?

Just curious.

What do we do with Griffey if we were to send Dunn to ATL for essentially Jones?

Turn Off Ads?