Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Should there be a rematch for the National Championship Game?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 32.98%
  • No

63 67.02%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Rematch? Yes or No?

Re: Rematch? Yes or No?

Code:

USA Today Poll

1. Ohio State (63) 

2. USC 

3. Michigan 

4. Florida 

5. Arkansas 

6. Notre Dame 

7. West Virginia 

8. LSU 

9. Wisconsin 

10. Texas 

AP Poll

1. Ohio State (65) 

2. Michigan 

3. USC 

4. Florida 

5. Arkansas 

6. Notre Dame 

7. West Virginia 

8. Louisville 

9. LSU 

10. Wisconsin
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 11-19-2006 at 03:14 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

U-M stayed at #2 in the AP poll. Interesting.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    It is, but it isnt. While OSU lost the turnover battle 3-0 and let Michigan stay in the game, they played within 3 of the best team in the country. I think if USC beat ND, they will jump ahead of Michigan in the AP. If ND wins, Michigan stays at #2.

But the AP poll has no effect on the BCS standings since being removed from the formula a few years ago. So while it makes for interesting discussion, that's the extent of its significance.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Anybody hear Mike Hart in the press conference immediately following the game? First words out of his mouth: "If we played them again, it would be a completely different outcome...I guarantee it."

Whatever. The game was barely over, they just got beat, but somehow he thinks U-M would thump the Bucks if they had it to do over. C'mon.

How different would the outcome be, Mike? Ohio State by 17? That's more like it. What about that game made you think your team is actually better, even though you lost? And if you could thump the Bucks in a rematch, why didn't you just go ahead and do it when you had the chance.

Great player. Dumb quote.

Anybody hear Mike Hart in the press conference immediately following the game? First words out of his mouth: "If we played them again, it would be a completely different outcome...I guarantee it."

Whatever. The game was barely over, they just got beat, but somehow he thinks U-M would thump the Bucks if they had it to do over. C'mon.

How different would the outcome be, Mike? Ohio State by 17? That's more like it. What about that game made you think your team is actually better, even though you lost? And if you could thump the Bucks in a rematch, why didn't you just go ahead and do it when you had the chance.

If Michigan didn't give up those two long running TD's in the 1st half, they very well might have beat the Buckeye's by 17.

Ohio State played a really good game and had a nice gameplan and I commend them for it, but I wouldn't go thumping my chest about how the outplayed Michigan. It was a toss up and they came out ahead. I'm not so sure they'd win in a rematch.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Yes I read his sour grapes and selective remarks while omitting other facts. While he remarked about Ohio State's defense, he completely left out that his own defense was nothing to write home about. Plus he failed to mention that Ohio State shot themselves in the foot without any help from his team several times through turnovers and dumb penalties that led to scores for Michigan or the score would have been worse.

Surprised though that no one has mentioned how bad that playing surface was during an athletic competition that relies heavily on footing to perform especially with the two teams speed.

Yes lets have a rematch on a good surface, let's see what a Lloyd team can do against a Tressel team. Then if Michigan wins, we can have Co-national champs. In about 50 days from now, I wonder how two teams with such a long layoff can perform.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 11-19-2006 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    USC lost to Oregon St.

They have no business in the championship game IMO.
    Excellent point. By that logic it should be Boise St vs OSU. Michigan doesn't deserve a rematch cause they lost yesterday. ND doesn't deserve to be in there cause they lost to Michigan. Florida doesn't deserve it cause they lost. Texas doesn't deserve it cause they lost twice. WVU doesn't deserve it cause they lost to LOU who lost to Rutgers who lost to UC who lost to tOSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Excellent point. By that logic it should be Boise St vs OSU. Michigan doesn't deserve a rematch cause they lost yesterday. ND doesn't deserve to be in there cause they lost to Michigan. Florida doesn't deserve it cause they lost. Texas doesn't deserve it cause they lost twice. WVU doesn't deserve it cause they lost to LOU who lost to Rutgers who lost to UC who lost to tOSU.
    Exactly.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    First off, I made a mistake. I meant 6th position, not 7th. My bad.

And yes, I can see them dropping to sixth with even ND vaulting over them. But at least fifth. But we'll see.
    2 in the AP, 3 in the USA poll and 2 in the BCS.

Not to say I told you so......
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    If Michigan didn't give up those two long running TD's in the 1st half, they very well might have beat the Buckeye's by 17.

Ohio State played a really good game and had a nice gameplan and I commend them for it, but I wouldn't go thumping my chest about how the outplayed Michigan. It was a toss up and they came out ahead. I'm not so sure they'd win in a rematch.

If Ohio State had scored less, yes, Michigan could have won. If? But! Huh? But they didn't. And I don't recall thumping my chest...more like Mike Hart was thumping his even though he lost.

If Ohio State had scored less, yes, Michigan could have won. If? But! Huh? But they didn't. And I don't recall thumping my chest...more like Mike Hart was thumping his even though he lost.
    I just hate to agree with you. No,

"Stat of the game... 503. The Ohio State offense rolled up 503 total yards on Michigan -- a unit that was allowing just 231 yards entering the game."
    source: don't recall.

503 total yards even with the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Here's my top 5 after yesterday's games.

1. OSU
    2. USC
    3. Michigan
    4. Arkansas
    5. Florida

If ND beats USC, then Michigan is back in the title game IMO. If USC wins out, then they are in the game.
    I agree with that.

In all honestly...I truly believe U-M is the second-best team in the country...and I also believe they do not deserve a shot at the NC...they had their shot...yesterday...and they came up short. Win your conference...win your last game...and then we'll talk. Unfair? Maybe...but it happens all the time in sports. How many times have we seen the two best teams in the NFL in the same conference...or even the same division...one team loses...the other team goes on to play in the Superbowl. Somebody already mentioned the Cards this year...they were far from the being the best team in baseball, but they won when they had to. They advance, the others don't. That's just how it is.

http://Michigan.Wolverines.justgotowned.com

IN CASE you missed it in the Bengals thread...

feel free to make your own to annoy/pwn your friends. lol

Turn Off Ads?