Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Go Saints!

Re: Go Saints!

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    If you look at the standings, the 2nd WC spot is so wide open that the Steelers are back in it at 4-6. The Bengals are very much in the WC race.
    Currently the Bengals are only 1 game behind KC for the last playoff spot. Bengals have the win over KC if they would finish tied with the Chiefs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Currently the Bengals are only 1 game behind KC for the last playoff spot. Bengals have the win over KC if they would finish tied with the Chiefs.
    It's looking like the 2nd WC might come down to 9-7, so I'm not quite ready to drive the nail just yet.

I appreciate the optimism about making the playoffs...but realistically...it's ain't gonna happen with that defense. It's horrendous.

Here's my obligatory weekly post after each Bengals game: What ever happened to Marvin Lewis being a defensive genius?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

While the Bengals defense is very soft, Brees racked up about 65 yards passing on the final drive when the game was already decided. If you take that last drive away, the Bengals actually outgained the Saints on a yards per play basis (7.7 ypp for the Bengals and 7.6 ypp for the Saints).

The Bengals offense is staggering right now. The defense only has to slightly improve over the next couple of weeks for this Bengals team to take off because their offense is absolutely lethal.

McNabb tore his ACL? When will that guy ever catch a break? A sports hernia, now ACL? jeez!

Moving on to the Bengals! All I can say is WHO-DEY! They won despite playing without all three starting LB's and a backup, no Deltha, no D-Jax, and 3 O-lineman! I can't complain about the offense but boy oh boy I agree with Macro about the defense! They are beyond awful, and this draft alone won't fix it! A pass-rusher, more LB's, and more secondary and we only have 6 picks! Well, a win is a win and I'm not going to start complaining until they lose again
    Last edited by paintmered; 11-19-2006 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Masked profanity

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I'm not a football fan but I checked out this link. Besides scaring the crap out of me because I had the volume turned up, this is some funny, funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I'm not a football fan but I checked out this link. Besides scaring the crap out of me because I had the volume turned up, this is some funny, funny stuff.
    It's disturbing, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    I appreciate the optimism about making the playoffs...but realistically...it's ain't gonna happen with that defense. It's horrendous.

Here's my obligatory weekly post after each Bengals game: What ever happened to Marvin Lewis being a defensive genius?
    Injuries, Injuries and Crack Cocaine. You have to realize that he is now the head coach, so his primary involvement with the D now is in personnel choices. That is a much different evaluation criteria than scheming and teaching in a specialized area of the team.

I compare this situation with Brian Billick. It has puzzled many since Billick took over the Ravens, who came in as an offensive guru, has had teams strong in D and weak to pathetic in O. So, Billick inherits a strong D, which is also where most of the team's resources are tied up in keeping it that way. The last couple of years, they have had some money free up and have went after some free agents on offense. Then Billick takes over the reins after firing his O coordinator and the O takes off. But I am sure that is only a short term solution and the goal will be to hire a new O coordinator in the offseason.

Now, you come to Marvin, who inherits a team with most of its talent on the O side of the ball and keeping that together has taken a lot of the team's resources. Throw in that his 1st draft is Carson Palmer, and that direction is pretty much determined. They have spent a lot of money to lock up the offense, which many wondered if that was the best course of action. Now, they are still spinning their wheels on D and folks wonder if Marvin really knows what he's doing on that side of the ball. To me, it comes down to guns and butter, and Marvin chose O out of the gate because that is where his strength lied. If he can build a defense is still a story in progress.

Bengals offense, while pretty good, it could be ALOT better.... you can bet your house on the Bengals running it on the first play of the drive (usually the 2nd too)... I really love getting Rudi carries, but we can't do ANYTHING when we don't mix it up.

We need to let Carson do the playcalling and keep the no huddle... nothing better than a QB draw with Carson in the first half on like the 3 yd line

Let's hope that they don't cross paths with any cops on the way home, cause their on the run. They stole one today.

5-5 and still hope for the postseason. They weathered the storm, and now it's time to man up.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Bengals offense, while pretty good, it could be ALOT better.... you can bet your house on the Bengals running it on the first play of the drive (usually the 2nd too)... I really love getting Rudi carries, but we can't do ANYTHING when we don't mix it up.

We need to let Carson do the playcalling and keep the no huddle... nothing better than a QB draw with Carson in the first half on like the 3 yd line
    I think Carson's playcalling in the No Huddle was leading to a lot of the problems with the stagnant offense. Before last week's game it was reported Bratkowski would have more play calling responsibility. I think that's the reason you're seeing more attacks vertically.

Also, 111 yds for Rudi and 275 yds for Carson is just about optimal balance. 3rd down QB draw aside, I thought today's game was very well called.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Well, scoring points shouldn't be a problem for the Saints.

Wish I could say good game, but it was not. Congrats on the victory.

Yep, when you have a QB throwing for over 500 yards, you can't always count on him bailing you out with costly turnovers. I'm happy they won, but that D is still so bad its scary.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Injuries, Injuries and Crack Cocaine. You have to realize that he is now the head coach, so his primary involvement with the D now is in personnel choices. That is a much different evaluation criteria than scheming and teaching in a specialized area of the team.
    Don't get me wrong...I love Marvin but, I mean, for a guy that's supposed to be a defensive guru...dude, you'd think he could come up with some kind of a scheme that limits the other team to, I don't know, 400 yards passing...maybe?

Turn Off Ads?