Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Spurrier to Miami?

Spurrier to Miami?

Spurrier Could Be Next Miami Head Coach

Sources say coach ready to leave South Carolina

Nov. 19, 2006
    By Brian Curtis
    CSTV

According to sources late Saturday, South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier will likely be named the next head coach at Miami. Spurrier, who won a national championship at Florida, is in his second season with the Gamecocks with a 13-10 overall record, including 6-5 in 2006. The coach is in the second year of a seven-year contract.
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Spurrier to Miami?

ummm....yeah...sure

Its so much easier to be mediocre in Columbia than in Miami. And the Golfing is just as good.

South Carolina has one, count'em one football championship in 105 years of football. Think Spurrier knows that 8-3 or 9-2 is good enough? Me too.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Miami...Dolphins? Miami....Hurricanes? Miami of Ohio?

Doesn't really matter what this guy says cause I don't believe any of it.

boy is that a match made in Hell.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    boy is that a match made in Hell.
    No kidding.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by cincy09 View Post
    Spurrier Could Be Next Miami Head Coach

Sources say coach ready to leave South Carolina

Nov. 19, 2006
    By Brian Curtis
    CSTV
    OH how i hope this is true

Actually, that's a deal that makes a lot of sense for both Miami and Spurrier. Miami needs a high profile hire, someone who can recruit in Florida. Spurrier is a lgend down here and will be able to recruit like crazy.

SC is the big loser here.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Would never happen, Spurrier never recruited south Florida when he was at Florida, add to the fact that miami plays in a bad stadium and gets little fan support even when they win and I doubt he'd go anywhere near a place like that, he'll retire after he's done at SC
    Go Gators!

Spurrier says he has no interest in leaving South Carolina. Been all over the radio down here.

If I'm Miami, I do whatever it takes to get Jimmy Johnson back. If not, Lou Holtz should be called and offered the job. Or, Mike Leach from Texas Tech.

They could use a dose of Bobby Knight discipline. Wonder if he can coach football? Nahh, one of those players would probably shoot him if he slapped them up side the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    If I'm Miami, I do whatever it takes to get Jimmy Johnson back. If not, Lou Holtz should be called and offered the job. Or, Mike Leach from Texas Tech.
    Johnson wouldnt go back he's proved all he had to prove there.lou Holtz oh please god No he left S.C. with some serious recruting violations . I know nothing about Leech .

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I think Barry Alvarez will end up there. He's been spotted in town and he's tight with Miami's chancellor Donna Shalala ever since she hired him at Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I think Barry Alvarez will end up there. He's been spotted in town and he's tight with Miami's chancellor Donna Shalala ever since she hired him at Wisconsin.
    Personally not intrested in the guy Schiano would be a better choice if he could be persuaded to leave rutgers but probably wont happen Being as he's from jersey and his familly is also from jersey. Not sure id put alot of faith in rutgers developing into a football powerhouse! I personally think a young hot shot Assistant either college or N.F.L. is needed somebody who might be able to relete to some of these kids on some level .

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Hey....keep your hands off Leach. He's going to be Kentucky's next head coach. Right after Rich Brooks breaks his hip this winter trying to get out of his recliner.

Turn Off Ads?