Turn Off Ads?

Thread: David Weathers.....

David Weathers.....

In light of the wacky FA market what do you think is a "good price" for David Weathers? How hard should the Reds pursue him? Do you want him back at all?
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: David Weathers.....

I do. He was TERRIBLE at MR, but was one heck of a closer. I keep him at that spot till Eddie gets back.

You've gotta resign him. Even though he is older, he has maybe been the most dependable reliever for the Reds the last couple seasons. I'm sure his pricetag wouldn't be very expensive either.

I think the Reds should resign him if they can.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    You've gotta resign him. Even though he is older, he has maybe been the most dependable reliever for the Reds the last couple seasons. I'm sure his pricetag wouldn't be very expensive either.
    In 2006 he walked 4.15 per nine and gave up 1.47 HR per nine. His K rate was ok at 6.11 per nine. Why was he successful? BABIP of .236. He could get real bad real fast IMO. Pass unless he's real cheap and only for a year.

Yeah, but who else are they going to sign? Given that the free agent pitching market continues to get more expensive, he would be less expensive and a I think he'd be worth resigning.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey_21 View Post
    I do. He was TERRIBLE at MR, but was one heck of a closer. I keep him at that spot till Eddie gets back.
    Please justify this.

As a middle relief or setup guy, he was great. He had one bad month overall, and that was June. After that, he was lights out, as a middle relief/set up guy.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...000&statType=2

I would offer him arbitration, see what he does. If he leaves, we get a good pick in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    In 2006 he walked 4.15 per nine and gave up 1.47 HR per nine. His K rate was ok at 6.11 per nine. Why was he successful? BABIP of .236. He could get real bad real fast IMO. Pass unless he's real cheap and only for a year.
    mth, I swear I try to give you rep probably once a week. Great facts in all your posts, great insight, and concise to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I agree. Let's hope WK also agrees

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Yeah, but who else are they going to sign? Given that the free agent pitching market continues to get more expensive, he would be less expensive and a I think he'd be worth resigning.
    In the bullpen I wouldn't sign anybody. I might try to trade a couple for one with some stuff that could close someday. Now they have a glut of mediocre. Weathers is more of the same.

Turn Off Ads?