Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Tyler Pelland for Zack Greinke?

Would you trade Tyler Pelland for Zack Greinke?

I saw Greinke last summer with Wichita and he pitched an absolute gem against Arkansas (Angels). He had an easy, fluid motion and was hitting spots with four different pitches. He has had some personal problems, but he can pitch. I'm betting most won't go for this trade, though I believe Greike has a higher ceiling.

I have a feeling the Royals might be willing to move the kid and let him start again with different people around. He and Pelland are about the same age, though I believe Greike was once a first round pick.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you trade Tyler Pelland for Zack Greinke?

Yea! why not.

A guy who can't find the plate at Chatt. for a guy who has actually retired MLB hitters?

Where do I sign up?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Absolutely.

That would be a great trade but I doubt the royals would do it. Wonder if they would do larue or milton for grienke though. They have some money to spend and no free agents want to go there.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Of course I would, but I don't see why the Royals would do such a thing. If they decide to shop Greinke, surely they can do better than that.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Why would the Royals do that?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Why would the Royals do that?
    Maybe they wouldn't for Pelland, but I believe the Royals would give Greinke the chance to get a fresh start with another organization if they could get another promising young pitcher. I don't know what psychological problems caused him to leave the team in February, but the Royals apparently have lost faith in him. He pitched well enough last season at Witchita to have warranted a call up and a few starts. Instead, he was limited to about six innings in relief.

Were the Royals protecting him, or are they disenchanted? With the way he pitched last season at AA, I'm just wondering why the Royals didn't promote him. If he has burned some bridges, perhaps he could be acquired. Of course, I'm simply speculating on a potential pocket to pick.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Still though. Tyler Pelland isn't even really a prospect.

Could I trade Pelland for Greinke and then Greinke for someone I really want?

Though if I had a some trusted scouts who were high on what they saw from Greinke last year, I wouldn't oppose grabbing him in the hopes that maybe he'd be of some use in 2008 or beyond. He needs at least one full year in AAA.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Gary Redus Ruled

The Royals were clearly protecting their troubled young prospect. Theyve got too much time and money tied up now to cut bait. Theyre letting him take baby steps back. Nice thought but doubt they're moving him
    Hoping for another Reds October

Isn't Greinke bi-polar or does he have some other social disorder? I would stay away from him. A big league pitching mound can really mess with people with normal mental function, let alone someone with real issues that medication has really shown it can not adequately control, at least in his case. Isn't that why he went AWOL on the Royals last spring?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

For Pelland ? most defintly ! Would the Royal's offer him for Pelland? Highly doubtful.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Isn't Greinke bi-polar or does he have some other social disorder? I would stay away from him. A big league pitching mound can really mess with people with normal mental function, let alone someone with real issues that medication has really shown it can not adequately control, at least in his case. Isn't that why he went AWOL on the Royals last spring?
    Any similarities between Greinke and Ankiel? They both seemed to lose their ability to find the plate at young ages due to social/mental problems.

I hope Greinke gets the help he needs, mental and social health is important to conquer and maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Though if I had a some trusted scouts who were high on what they saw from Greinke last year, I wouldn't oppose grabbing him in the hopes that maybe he'd be of some use in 2008 or beyond. He needs at least one full year in AAA.
    Actually, scout talk is what prompted this post. Though the guy was throwing strike after strike last summer, some wondered what more he had to prove to the Royals.

Turn Off Ads?