Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pierre agree to five-year deal with Dodgers

Man Pills

Re: Pierre agree to five-year deal with Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I doubt the Reds are looking to trade Freel.
    I don't know--I can see the Reds dumping him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I don't know--I can see the Reds dumping him.
    I haven't seen any evidence that Freel is the type of player WK is looking to trade. In general he seems more than willing to sacrifice defense for offense, even in non-critical defensive positions.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I haven't seen any evidence that Freel is the type of player WK is looking to trade. In general he seems more than willing to sacrifice defense for offense, even in non-critical defensive positions.
    I think criterion number one for Wayne's player keepability scale: is said player a Wayne K acquisition?

And he moves from there.

Pierre is a great player at 3 million a year at 9 million he is a nightmare that is going to kill the Dodger's. I am fine with that
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

So does this mean the people on this board that desperately wanted Juan Pierre's services in the Nati have their flags at half mast today, and took the day off work to mourn his signing with the Dodgers?

I like Pierre but this is one of the worst deals I've ever seen. No way anyone should pay anything close to $9MM per year for Pierre. He has no power at all. He has speed, but gets caught stealing often enough that it's not a huge value. He's coming off .326 and .330 OBP seasons. His defense and durability are good, but not $9MM worth.

Freel does look inexpensive now.

Thank God. The talk around here that we should have some interest in him was really making me nervous. Prolly wasn't much too it, but now all temptation is gone. WooHoo! :dancingco

Kevin Kennedy had to have something to do with this.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Ned Colletti is bad at math.

"This man gets on base an awful lot," Colletti said. "He gets 200 hits or more, is a great guy on a club and, like Nomar [Garciaparra], has great qualities as a human being."

Juan Pierre 2005 OBP: .326
    League average 2005 OBP: .331

Juan Pierre 2006 OBP: .330
    League average 2006 OBP: .348

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....home-headlines
    Tyler

Turn Off Ads?