Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Travis Chick clears waivers

Gary Redus Ruled

Travis Chick clears waivers

I know some were upset when we traded him for Eddie G. but it doesnt look like anyones too high on him as he cleared waivers.
    Per Rotoworld:

Mariners sent RHP Travis Chick outright to Triple-A Tacoma.

Chick had options remaining, so it's surprising that he cleared waivers. Maybe there's an injury we don't know about. Chick was the only player the Mariners got back from the Reds for Eddie Guardado in July. The 22-year-old has been a disappointment the last two years, but he could be interesting again if he's switched to the pen.
    Hoping for another Reds October

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Travis Chick clears waivers

That shows me two things
    1. Wayne didn't think to much of him when he taded him or he would have claimed him back.
    2. Every GM in baseball doesn't think to highly of him which shows Wayne knew what he was doing when he traded him.

Didn't some folks here blow a gasket that we gave up a sure fire prospect for a broken down old man?
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

I for one said that the Reds must not think very much of Chick if they gave him up for an injured Guardado.

Looks like no one else thought very highly of him, either.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

If guardaro hadnt get injured and he had helped us beat out the cardinals for the division think of how great that trade would have looked.

I'm not sure Chick went through waivers. If he still had options (and you say he did), then he can just be assigned to AAA. I might be wrong about that with him being removed from the 40 man roster, perhaps that's why he might have gone through waivers.

I felt about the trades WK made (other than the big one), that he gave up very little in most of them. Chick was probably the best, and if he in fact had to go through waivers, then it's clear he wasn't the hot shot some thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    If guardaro hadnt get injured and he had helped us beat out the cardinals for the division think of how great that trade would have looked.
    Guardado had been injured all year -- not severely, but he had been pitching with pain all season. Seattle knew that, and I assume Krivsky knew it, too.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Guardado had been injured all year -- not severely, but he had been pitching with pain all season. Seattle knew that, and I assume Krivsky knew it, too.
    Krivsky knew it. He said so in an article at the time of the trade, IIRC.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

22 years old and struck out 121 in 151.2 IP in AA. Must be a 40 man roster issue.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I for one said that the Reds must not think very much of Chick if they gave him up for an injured Guardado.

Looks like no one else thought very highly of him, either.
    They gave up on him for Guardado, not an injured Guardado. If Wayne knew he was injured and couldnt help the team why sign him. It wasnt a down the road move or they would have resigned him already.
    Last edited by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM; 11-22-2006 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I'm not sure Chick went through waivers. If he still had options (and you say he did), then he can just be assigned to AAA. I might be wrong about that with him being removed from the 40 man roster, perhaps that's why he might have gone through waivers.
    They waived him off the 40-man. He still has options remaining, but those only get you off the 25-man.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Travis Chick would still be eligible to be claimed in the Rule V draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Travis Chick would still be eligible to be claimed in the Rule V draft.
    But then he'd have to stay on a team's 25 man roster for the season.

Or be offered back for $25,000.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    But then he'd have to stay on a team's 25 man roster for the season.
    Or on the DL a lot of the time with minor nagging injuries and maximum rehab appearance time in AAA. Then you have a still young pitcher with options to either trade or stash away in 2008. Better than signing a 35 year old for AAA.

Turn Off Ads?