Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tom Glavine anyone?

Tom Glavine anyone?

According to ESPN, the Mets didn't pick up his option. Shouldn't this be a guy the Reds go after?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tom Glavine anyone?

I heard a comment on XM today about him going back to the Braves if the Mets didn't pick up the option. Is this a known fact? conventional wisdom? a guess?

hollywood mid westerner

No just because we've already filled our quota of 40+ left handed pitchers this offseason

I believe that option was in the $14 mill range, probably a little out of our reach. I really think he belongs on a win now type of team, the Reds are a work in progress right now.

I would imagine he'll be back in Atlanta or go to Boston. He's from Concord, MA. I would love for the Reds to get him for a year or two, but I can't imagine it in a million years.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Patpacillosjock View Post
    No just because we've already filled our quota of 40+ left handed pitchers this offseason
    Stanton is 39
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

I heard he was still in discussions on a new contract with the Mets. They were not going to pay him the 14 million and I feel he would love to get a two year deal out of them anyway. If not he would go back to Atlanta. Baltimore maybe possible with his connection to Mazzone. Thats my guess anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I heard he was still in discussions on a new contract with the Mets. They were not going to pay him the 14 million and I feel he would love to get a two year deal out of them anyway. If not he would go back to Atlanta. Baltimore maybe possible with his connection to Mazzone. Thats my guess anyways.
    That's what I've read elsewhere. Essentially the Mets opted out of paying him that much, paid the buyout and were going to take their chances trying to resign him at a more reasonable number. I often wonder at what point does a player say "I've made a considerable amount of money in my career, I just want to play" and takes something more teams can afford. If these players haven't put away a good portion of the tens of millions they've made, they need better financial advise.

I've seen it reported here in NY that he's said he'll either play for the Mets or the Braves.

Glavine's on the market?

That's a name I'd go after.

Hard.

A lefty with a proven track record of throwing 200 innings a year with an ERA in the neighborhood of 3.75?

That would look great between Arroyo and Harang.

Turn Off Ads?