Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Mike Stanton a Red

Re: Mike Stanton a Red

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Chris "Mad Dog" Russo on WFAN really knows baseball and is a hugh Giants fan. (Thats all he knows). Russo said Stanton was solid last year and still has something left. But he was flabergasted at the amount of money the Reds spent for him. He said it was rediculous. He also feels that Sorriano was overpaid but that the Cubs needed to make a statement. He likes the Mets picking up Alou. He thinks its clear that every team is rolling in money and have a lot to spend.
    Chris chirps about a lot of things. How is $5.5M over 2 years a lot of money. That's practically the league minimum in this market.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Chris chirps about a lot of things. How is $5.5M over 2 years a lot of money.
    Agreed.

According to CBS Sportline, the MLB average salary for 2006 was $2,866,544.

That figure will rise this year.

At $5.5 million over two years, Stanton will average $2,750,000 per year.

So if Staton is a little below average, we'll be paying the going rate.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Agreed.

According to CBS Sportline, the MLB average salary for 2006 was $2,866,544.

That figure will rise this year.

At $5.5 million over two years, Stanton will average $2,750,000 per year.

So if Staton is a little below average, we'll be paying the going rate.
    Average salary for what? Middle relief? $2.75 million is a lot for a 39 yr old reliever. I think other positions raise that average up just a tad.

I'm not liking this signing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Chris chirps about a lot of things. How is $5.5M over 2 years a lot of money. That's practically the league minimum in this market.
    You're right. Russo reported that it was 8 mill. for two years. Typical.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Average salary for what? Middle relief? $2.75 million is a lot for a 39 yr old reliever. I think other positions raise that average up just a tad.

I'm not liking this signing at all.
    Me neither. This is what we got Cormier for. The cash goes quick buying and tossing RPs at over $2 mm a pop.

(Yeah, I know Cormier isn't good...but then why'd we get him...contract extension and all).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?