Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Names on the Trade Market

Hybrid View

Interesting Names on the Trade Market

Per mlb4u.com

Adam LaRoche, 1B--Atlanta Braves
    Posted: 01:13 PM - Nov 20, 06
    Braves offered him to the Pirates as they likely sought Mike Gonzalez/Chris Duffy. The Pirates were only willing to offer John Grabow and Nate McLouth....The source of this rumor was Bucco Blog.
    http://buccoblog.mlblogs.com/my_webl...erest_in_.html

Scott Shields, RHRP--Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
    Posted: 12:42 PM - Nov 20, 06
    After signing Justin Speier, Shields becomes more expendable in a trade for a power bat. Miguel Tejada and Manny Ramirez could be among the Angels' top targets. The Angels also will make Brendan Donnelly available in trades and may non-tender him in December....
    The source of this rumor was Peter Gammons.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...dgammons_peter

Lastings Milledge, CF--New York Mets
    Posted: 09:53 PM - Nov 19, 06
    Mets could be prepared to trade him after signing Moises Alou. They are seeking to deal him as part of package for pitching and have talked with the White Sox and Rangers. Braves may have interest, but the Marlins are not interested. Rockies interested and would have to offer a package including Jason Jennings to get him....
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...ball-headlines

Javier Vazquez, RHSP--Chicago White Sox
    Posted: 12:29 PM - Nov 20, 06
    White Sox shopping him, Mark Buerhle, Freddy Garcia, Heath Phillips and Jay Marshall. Jon Garland and Jose Contreras could also attract interest. Rangers are discussing a deal with the White Sox to acquire him for a package that could include Nick Masset or John Danks.... The source of this rumor was Chicago Tribune.

Jon Garland, RHSP--Chicago White Sox
    Posted: 02:14 PM - Nov 19, 06
    White Sox are shopping him. Rangers were close to acquiring him in a package that would have included John Danks at one point, but both teams decided not to pull the trigger. Brian Anderson could also be involved in the deal. The Orioles among other remain in talks with the White Sox.... Nov 19, 06. The source of this rumor was Ken Rosenthal.

Andruw Jones, CF--Atlanta Braves
    Posted: 10:55 AM - Nov 18, 06
    Braves may be willing to move him for pitching. Moving him would create much needed salary space and would allow the Braves to bring in a significant return for a player that may be out of their price range when he becomes a free agent next year. He has a complete no-trade clause as a 10-5 player. White Sox interested. Braves may be shopping him to the Angels and seeking Ervin Santana and Nick Adenhart in return..... The source of this rumor was Halos Heaven.

Tim Hudson, RHSP--Atlanta Braves
    Posted: 01:28 PM - Nov 19, 06
    Rangers interested. Orioles are in discussions with the Braves about a Hudson deal. The Orioles are willing to give up Hayden Penn as part of a package to acquire Hudson, but not Adam Loewen.... The source of this rumor was Buster Olney.

Jason Jennings, RHSP--Colorado Rockies
    Posted: 09:54 AM - Nov 18, 06
    Rockies shopping him, though they may hold onto him until mid-season when he may potentially have more value. Rockies also discussing a long-term contract extension with him and have offered a 3-year, $21M deal, but he is seeking a whole lot more. Astros interested and the Rockies covet Chris Burke. Twins (Jesse Crain), Cubs (Michael Wuertz and Felix Pie) and Rangers (C.J. Wilson) interested. Mariners, Yankees and Mets also interested. Cubs are unwilling to move Rich Hill, whom the Rockies covet, for him.... The source of this rumor was Denver Post.

Freddy Garcia, RHSP--Chicago White Sox
    Posted: 11:17 PM - Nov 17, 06
    Angels are willing to move Ervin Santana as part of a package to acquire him. Rangers and Mets also interested. Rangers may be willing to move Akinori Otsuka, John Danks and Nick Masset for Garcia or Javier Vazquez. The Rangers could also offer Otsuka to the Braves for Horacio Ramirez, whom the Padres may also have interest in, or Tim Hudson.... The source of this rumor was the Chicago Tribune.

Rocco Baldelli, RF--Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    Posted: 07:25 PM - Nov 16, 06
    Marlins hope to acquire him for their young starters. Phils rejected an offer of Baldelli for Cole Hamels. D-Rays could ask for the Angels' Ervin Santana or the Dodgers' Chad Billingsley in talks with their respective teams. Rockies interested.... The source of this rumor was Ken Rosenthal.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Interesting Names on the Trade Market

Of this list, the Reds should pursue (for the right price, of course) Jennings, Milledge, LaRoche and possibly Garcia.

Realistically, Jennings is probably the only target we could affordably obtain.

Man Pills

To appease all the haters:

If Krivsky acquires Vazquez or Jennings I will be the first one here to praise his good name.

All I ask is for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    To appease all the haters:

If Krivsky acquires Vazquez or Jennings I will be the first one here to praise his good name.

All I ask is for improvement.
    Depends on the price.

Dunn for either of them would be bad, bad.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Depends on the price.

Dunn for either of them would be bad, bad.
    I'll take it a step at a time.

I might go Dunn for Jennings, if another couple of moves for offense are made in the wake of that move.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'll take it a step at a time.

I might go Dunn for Jennings, if another couple of moves for offense are made in the wake of that move.
    Jennings only has a year left on his contract. No way do I trade Dunn for a one-year pitcher.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Of this list, the Reds should pursue (for the right price, of course) Jennings, Milledge, LaRoche and possibly Garcia.

Realistically, Jennings is probably the only target we could affordably obtain.
    I'd love to have several of the names listed there. Unfortuanately, we have little if anything of value to make any moves happen.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 11-21-2006 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I'd love to have several of the nmaes listed there. Unfortuanately, we have little if anything of value to make any moves happen.
    Damn that FeLo/Kearns deal, it really did stink.
    Go BLUE!!!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I'd love to have several of the nmaes listed there. Unfortuanately, we have little if anything of value to make any moves happen.
    It depends how much we value our "prospects" and what's on our 25 man roster.

For Jennings, who I think we should actively target, I'd send Wood and probably even Votto out West. I'm not sure what else.

I'd like to see Hudson if the Braves are willing to get rid of him now --- when his value is probably at an all time low.

I think the Mets are going to be disappointed to discover that the Milledge ship sailed sometime last May.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg- View Post
    I'd like to see Hudson if the Braves are willing to get rid of him now --- when his value is probably at an all time low.
    I agree, I wouldn't mind the Reds going after Hudson. The only problem being, the Braves haven't traded a good pitcher since...Denny Neagle?
    Go BLUE!!!

IIRC, his contract is ridiculously backloaded.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I would think the Braves would be pretty desperate to unload Hudson before his skills fade any further and the expensive end of his contract kicks in. He is getting ready to make some real unmoveable type money.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

I would love to see Shields come to the Reds, but they would probably ask the moon for him.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?