Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: The BCS National Championship Game

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    1,835

    The BCS National Championship Game

    Matchup: OSU vs. TBD
    Location: Glendale, AZ
    Date: Jan 8, 2007

    I thought we needed a thread to just discuss the game like we have had for most OSU games this year. There are threads on a rematch and the BCS system in general but no thread to discuss the game itself and I thought steering one of those threads away to discussing the game wouldn't be fair to the original poster.

    I'd imagine there isn't a whole lot to talk about until we know our opponent in a couple weeks, so let's start it off with these questions:

    Is anyone planning on making the trip to cheer on the Buckeyes?
    Has anyone been to one of the National Championships in the past and have a story to share?



    I'm personally planning on trying to get to the game however possible. Tickets are the killer going for over $1,000 each on Ebay so I'm holding out hope for the raffle for OSU students next week to get them for face. I also have a couple friends with ties to the program that I'm hoping will maybe remember me when giving out their free tickets (not too likely). The plane tickets are also out of this world (over $500 each from Columbus) so I'm looking at maybe driving up to Chicago with friends to save almost $250 per ticket and then just splitting gas costs.

    I worked in Phoenix this past summer so I have friends to stay with out there and a lot of people to see, I'm just hoping to make it to the game.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Puffy 3:16 Puffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    13,771

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    jmcclain19 lives out there - I doubt he is going cause he is whipped, errrr, I mean married now.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

  4. #3
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,453

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    jmcclain19 lives out there - I doubt he is going cause he is whipped, errrr, I mean married now.
    Plus he's got that not-liking-the-Buckeyes issue. After seeing them come to Tempe for 4 out of their last 5 bowl games, you'd think he'd come around.

    I'm still hoping that the Alamo Bowl will get added to the BCS bowl rotation myself.

  5. #4
    This one's for you Edd Heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dayton Area
    Posts
    8,471

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I'm still hoping that the Alamo Bowl will get added to the BCS bowl rotation myself.
    The same day, San Antonio will announce getting a NFL team.

    Pigs will fly.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

  6. #5
    got alil captain in u?
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bridgeport Ohio
    Posts
    4,839

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    saw package on the net today 2,459 for 2 nights hotel airfare and ticket to the game

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    1,835

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    Good news, I'll at least be in Glendale for the weekend and day of the game. Just booked plane tickets out of Indianapolis for only $360 all told. Still on the high side but much better than the over $500 costs in Columbus and over $400 in Dayton.

    Also ready to enter the lottery for students next Monday so I'll find out if I won on Tuesday. If not it's looking like the Ebay route for game tickets.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    1,835

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    I was looking for a thread to talk about Tuesday's game and I didn't see anything so I brought this old thread back up.

    Predictions?

    Keys to the Game?


    I obviously have to pick the Buckeyes, 31-24 is my guess, but I think it will be a very close game. I think the key will be how the Buckeye defense can respond after the Michigan game.

    I'm leaving Saturday for the game...absolutely cannot wait. I'm just hoping for a game as good as Michigan or the 02 National Championship.

  9. #8
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,266

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    I was looking for a thread to talk about Tuesday's game and I didn't see anything so I brought this old thread back up.

    Predictions?

    Keys to the Game?


    I obviously have to pick the Buckeyes, 31-24 is my guess, but I think it will be a very close game. I think the key will be how the Buckeye defense can respond after the Michigan game.

    I'm leaving Saturday for the game...absolutely cannot wait. I'm just hoping for a game as good as Michigan or the 02 National Championship.
    Enjoy! I would love to go to a big game like this some day. Maybe someday...
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  10. #9
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    I think people are really over looking Florida. There speed on defensive has not been seen by OSU. I'll admit I'm rooting for Florida, they are from the SEC, and I would like to see a conference team win the national championship, especially since Auburn got screwed a couple of years ago.

    Can you name the only 3 teams in America that have played 3 BCS bowl teams each this year?
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  11. #10
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    6,490

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Plus he's got that not-liking-the-Buckeyes issue. After seeing them come to Tempe for 4 out of their last 5 bowl games, you'd think he'd come around.

    I'm still hoping that the Alamo Bowl will get added to the BCS bowl rotation myself.
    The best games are when Ohio State & Notre Dame play. That's like a double whammy.

    Notre Dame fans are a whole something else kinda short bus special. Exhibit A - Puffy.

    On a serious note - a friend of mine I work with has a pair for sale, but it's with a caveat. His wife died the day after christmas from cancer complications, so he's auctioning them off for big money - whatever he can get, to pay for med bills. 1st row Upper Deck on the 10 yard line - North side of the field. Anyone who is interested let me know, poor guy need all the help he can get.

  12. #11
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,678

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I think people are really over looking Florida. There speed on defensive has not been seen by OSU. I'll admit I'm rooting for Florida, they are from the SEC, and I would like to see a conference team win the national championship, especially since Auburn got screwed a couple of years ago.

    Can you name the only 3 teams in America that have played 3 BCS bowl teams each this year?
    Ohio State O has some speed, sort of like the fastest guy in college football. I remember someone saying before the UM game that OSU had not seen the likes of the UM D, and we know how that turned out.

  13. #12
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    6,490

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I think people are really over looking Florida. There speed on defensive has not been seen by OSU. I'll admit I'm rooting for Florida, they are from the SEC, and I would like to see a conference team win the national championship, especially since Auburn got screwed a couple of years ago.

    Can you name the only 3 teams in America that have played 3 BCS bowl teams each this year?
    Arkansas (Florida/USC/LSU)
    LSU (Florida/Arkansas/Notre Dame)
    Stumped on the 3rd one

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    1,835

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Arkansas (Florida/USC/LSU)
    LSU (Florida/Arkansas/Notre Dame)
    Stumped on the 3rd one
    I'm thinking Michigan:

    - Notre Dame
    - OSU
    - USC

  15. #14
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    And the third one is......Kentucky. (LSU, Florida, Louisville.) Michigan does not count, I meant regular season.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    1,835

    Re: The BCS National Championship Game

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    And the third one is......Kentucky. (LSU, Florida, Louisville.) Michigan does not count, I meant regular season.
    Ahhhh, makes sense considering that would include OSU too. That is a pretty good trivia question though, most people wouldn't think of Kentucky.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25