Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad news

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Sad news

Thanks for all the kind words. Carren is doing better tonight than she was this morning. My emotions are somewhat jumbled at the moment. Any married man knows that seeing your wife sad is enough to tear you apart at times, and I will never forget the utter helplessness I felt this morning, just holding her and letting her cry, not having any words to say but somehow knowing that no words were needed.

It's strange for me because I never met my mother in law. I spoke with her a couple times, but her English was very limited and my knowledge of Swahili doesn't go beyond 4 or 5 words. It's a different dynamic, being married to an immigrant and only talking to her family occasionally but never meeting them in person. So yes, I am very sad and am going through something of a grief process, but it's a different kind of grief, more of a sympathy grief for my wife. I know that she is feeling a real pain here, a pain I cannot really relate to since I've not lost a parent. But I'm more sad because she is, rather than being sad in my own right, if that makes any sense. I'm sad that I will not get to meet my mother in law in this life, but that pales in comparison to the sadness of losing a parent. I guess all I can do is be here for her and share her grief as best I can. Well, that and take up more of the housework for a while as well.

Thanks again for the prayers and kind words.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My prayers and condolences are with you and your wife ORH.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Very sorry ORH, and best to you and your wife.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

My condolences to you and your family

My condolences to you and your wife. Losing a parent is very tough. My prayers are to you.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

It's very tough ORH, I know. My wife's father and step-mother died in a car accident last February. My father-in-law lasted about 3 more hours in the hospital. So I was scrambling to get my wife on the next flight from El Paso to Eugene. I needed more time in El Paso to make arrangement for our kids and dogs. Putting my wife alone on the plane to fly several hours was one of the toughest things I had ever done.

My condolences to you and your family.

Turn Off Ads?