Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    got alil captain in u?

Nintendo Wii

anybody pick one of these up might consider buying one till the rush for ps3 and xbox 360 goes down control looks alil intersting with all the motion sensoring doesn't have very many games out yet read zelda prolly best game out for it so far madden also out for it

Re: Nintendo Wii

havne't gotten one yet, but i'm intrigued. and isn't metroid out? i'm a huge metroid nut from 8 bit days...

JUSTIN BAILEY
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Can't find one yet (for my son).

I've done some browsing on the 'net, and most of the main outlets say "unavailable", which I'm assuming their first batch is sold out.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Unlike the PS3, though, Nintendo has supply they're shipping throughout the holidays. You should be able to get one, at sticker, before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    Unline the PS3, though, Nintendo has supply they're shipping throughout the holidays. You should be able to get one, at sticker, before Christmas.
    I hope so Matt or my 17 yr old, who is far bigger then I is gonna give me a whippin'.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Amazon said it sold out in one minute. My kids want this..heck I want this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Don't forget that Amazon may be selling a limited supply of the XBOX360 tomorrow for $100, yes one-hundred-dollars.

I'd like to play one and see how well the motion sensors in the controls actuall work. There would be nothing more frustrating than to get one home and discover that all you can get the thing to do is turn left. I guess that would be OK for a Nascar game...
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I'd like to play one and see how well the motion sensors in the controls actuall work. There would be nothing more frustrating than to get one home and discover that all you can get the thing to do is turn left. I guess that would be OK for a Nascar game...
    My roommate pre-ordered one so I've had the chance to spend some quality time with it.

The remote and nunchuck are very intuitive and not at all frustrating. The games are very fun, especially when playing with others. There's something very cool about four people on their feet pretending to play tennis. The controls also help to make the games much more engaging because all of a sudden, you are the one swinging the tennis racket, or golf club.

The graphics are crap, but that's what not what this system is all about. It's relatively inexpensive and a TON of fun to play. There's also a pretty good selection of games available for it right now. Although good luck finding a copy of Zelda.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Buddy of mine got one on pre-order... He already sold it on ebay.

Said the controller only goverened the 'swing' or throw type stuff. He said the tennis game he had all you could do is swing the racket... had no control over the player lining up for the shot... the cpu handled that.

He's also got a PS3... Sold the Wii, and kept the PS3...
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

I picked mine up on launch day and love it. I also have a 360 and have spent most of my time with the Wii. Madden is incredibly fun with the new control scheme and Zelda is, well, Zelda.

I would highly recommend the Wii. As has been mentioned, the graphics aren't much, but they are certainly better than the PS2, Gamecube and Xbox--so they don't really hurt the experience. As for the guy's comment about the tennis game--it's a free pack in with the system, and essentially a tech demo! The game I've really enjoyed in Wii Sports (teh game included with the system) is Bowling, to which I'm currently addicted.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Isn't this console aimed towards chicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    No. I'm not sure where you heard that. I will say it is aimed towards a more general audience than the hardcore gaming crowd. If you are in the latter, then the PS3 is the system for you. For the rest of us, the Wii is pure entertainment gold.

But I do know that the PS3 isn't going to get you and three of your friends on their feet pretending they are in the finals of Wimbledon or at the bowling alley like the Wii does.
    Last edited by paintmered; 11-23-2006 at 11:13 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I would normally feel compelled to unleash a tirade in response to a comment like this. however, video games have long been the most damning proof to me that there are differences between men and women that simply cannot be overcome.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I would normally feel compelled to unleash a tirade in response to a comment like this. however, video games have long been the most damning proof to me that there are differences between men and women that simply cannot be overcome.
    And I actually used the term "chicks" with you in mind, vaticanplum!

Having spent some time with the Wii today, I can definitely say I suck at bowling and the hitting aspect of the baseball game, but I'm money with the golf game and the tennis game.

Haven't tried the boxing yet.

This console isn't the one I thought was aimed towards chicks. Maybe it was the NDS before this. Not sure. I'm just going off what a DM of a Gamestop told me, said that Nintendo had a console out aimed specifically at chicks.

Turn Off Ads?