Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does This Seem Logical?

Does This Seem Logical?

Would the Reds be better off going with a platoon of Craig Wilson and either David Delucci or Trot Nixon in RF?

Against righthanded pitching, the Reds could use Hatteberg at lst and say Delucci in RF. Against lefthanded pitching, the Reds could use Wilson at lst base and Freel in RF.

Seems like affordable signings that would allow the Reds to make additional moves to add a starter and possibly a closer. And I think the Reds would get better offensive production with B-type free agent signings of Craig Wilson, Delucci or Nixon.

Opinion?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

no

your scenario leaves Jr in CF. Yuck.

Re: no

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    your scenario leaves Jr in CF. Yuck.
    Do you really expect Junior to play more than 100 games at this stage of his career? You have Denorifa to be his number 1 caddy. If the Reds are winning big or losing big, expect Junior to get yanked and Denorfia inserted in CF. The Reds will try to save Junior's legs as much as possible.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Krusty

Dunn in LF

Denorfia in CF

Griffey in RF for 100-120 games ( vs righties )

Freel in RF for 40-60 games. Fills in at LF, CF, 2B & 3B so that he starts 4-5 games a week.

Craig Wilson/Hatteberg at 1B ( until Votto arrives )

Re: Does This Seem Logical?

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like there is a boat anchor attached to the the reds with Griffey and Dun in the outfield. I love the home run as much as the next guy, but I wish it was in the cards to move Dunn to first.

Oh well, maybe I am just wanting change for the sake of change.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

I'm really impressed by the fact we all seem to be in agreement that Craig Wilson is an obvious fit for next year's club.

The guy needs at least 400 ab's on a club that appreciates him.

C'mon Wayne, press the button.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I'm really impressed by the fact we all seem to be in agreement that Craig Wilson is an obvious fit for next year's club.

The guy needs at least 400 ab's on a club that appreciates him.

C'mon Wayne, press the button.
    I agree Wilson would be a nice fit. However, I expect there will be plenty of demand for Wilson, and he would be wise to choose a team that can promise him a full-time position. Signing him won't be all that easy. Also, Krivsky likes players who are good defenders.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

If you can add Craig Wilson and Tot Nixon to this club I will move back to Cincinnati. I think the Reds are stronger offensivly and adds significant depth to the bench. Then if we could sign another starter.. I think we would definatly be able to keep pace with the Cubs.. Stros.. and Cards. I guess that would all depend on if Dunn is still in the fold for 07. As for a closer I think we could go with an in house guy weather it be Coffey.. Stanton.. Bray.. or prospect or even a combination of all.

I've never seen this group agree on something so much as they do the signing of Craig Wilson.......Well minus the hatred for Dano and Milty!
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Heres what I do:

First trade Dunn,Cormier,and Freel to Baltimore

for

Cabrera,Makakias,(spelling on the first 2)and a young prospect.

Then sign Delucci,Wilson,Wolfe,and Baez.Should be able to sign these guys for around 20-22 million.

OF would be JR. in right,Makakas in C,and Delucci in left.
    Wilson and Hatte can platoon as 1B at Wilson can also play some OF.

Cabrera #3 starter and Wolfe #4 starter with Milton bringing up the rear.

Put Shackleford in Cormier BP postion and sign Baez to close.

I feel this team would have a very nice shot at the playoffs.Nice defense decent offense and a solid rotation and BP.Looks good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    I agree Wilson would be a nice fit. However, I expect there will be plenty of demand for Wilson, and he would be wise to choose a team that can promise him a full-time position. Signing him won't be all that easy. Also, Krivsky likes players who are good defenders.
    Great point.

Krivsky would really have to do a hard sell that he could get Wilson enough AB's before he would come to Cincy.

Signing Wilson would be Great.

I hope WK can get him to agree to a deal.. and hope JN has enough sense to use him correctly.

He'd get plenty of PT at 1B and OF.

I remember Wilson being rumored as a target for us at the trade deadline, so I think there's reason to believe the Front Office has interest and we could land him.

got alil captain in u?

i agree also craig wilson is good bat living close to pittsburgh i've seen enough of him to know he was under used by buco's when given oppurtunies he'd produce but they never gave him a spot always in there for injured player

After 4 1/2 seasons, a Wilson 162 game season projects to:

OBP SLG OPS
    .354 .480 .834,

compared to the 2006 Reds' team averages of:

OBP SLG OPS
    .336 .432 .768.

Turn Off Ads?