Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High School Reunions - do you have any use for them?

High School Reunions - do you have any use for them?

What's your stance on going to high school or collage reunions?

Frankly, I could care less because I've maintained contact with those people I cared to do so with. I really have no interest in spending an evening with a bunch of people I really don't know and haven't spoken with for now 17 years.

If I wanted to make pointless small talk I'd make more sales calls. At least I have a chance of making some money on those.

But I know other people who love to go to their runions and do so faithfully. They really enjoy it.

What's your take?
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 11-22-2006 at 12:47 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: High School Reunions - do you have any use for them?

Never been to one. I live about 20 miles from where I attended High School, so it is not a distance thing. Pretty much the same reason as Ltlabner... just not interested.

hollywood mid westerner

didnt go to my high school reunion (this past summer)

saw pictures of it and everybody looked like crap.

plus nobody notified me until a week before the reunion and im the only person who lives further than 20 miles from our hometown in ohio. (im in california) so there was no way i was gonna drop 500-600 bucks THAT week to go see people I could care less for.

I went to my 10 year and had a blast. I ran into a few friends who I had lost touch with, and a few other people who I didn't hang out with in HS but who actually became decent people later in life.

It was also fun to see how fat the former football studs had become and how haggard the prom queens looked.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

i've been out of high school since 1984 and haven't even thought about going back there since...i still chat with a small handful of friends from back in the day, but have no desire to see anybody else from then...

My high school class didn't even have a 10 year reunion due to lack of interest. I wouldn't have gone regardless, for the most part anyone I still want to see I see already. I don't have any interest in getting together with a couple hundred people I really didn't care about back then.

I've gone to my high school class's 5th, 10th, 20th and 30th year reunions, and I have really enjoyed each one. I still keep in touch with several friends from my class. It was generally a good group of people.
    I have never been to any reunions of my college or law school classes.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I didn't get my invite until the week after the reunion...

What does that tell you?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Our 20 year reunion got cancelled because of lack of planning. I had contemplated going. But, had not been to any previous ones.

I went to my 15th and it was basically a high school kegger at the VFW. Not terribly fun, but mostly b/c most of my friends did not attend.

Not going to my 20th this year.
    School's out. What did you expect?

My HS graduating class had a whole 120 people in it, I see whom I care to.

I went to my 20th and found it unenlightening.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I went to my class' 25th. Very few people recognized me or remembered me Didn't enjoy it much.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I set up my HS on a website to track where everyone was living and to get information to send out.

I then realized that 80% of the people still lived in the same town. I felt grossly stupid.

I passed on attending. Not from lack of preparation, but moreso from embarrasment.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I was on the fence about going to my 10th (9 years ago) but decided to go and had a blast. The funny thing is, I hung out with people I barely knew when we were in school. Turns out they were more fun than the people who were my friends back then. For me, it was a good way to meet "new" friends. I recommend it, especially since these things usually only happen once every ten years.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

This is me at my 10-year reunion, showing everyone what I learned in four years at Ohio University.
    Last edited by Hap; 02-13-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Turn Off Ads?