Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will win round 2?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bengals

35 85.37%
  • Browns

6 14.63%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Browns, Round 2

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Bengals vs. Browns, Round 2

Well, did that just seal the shutout?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bengals 30
    Browns 0

Great game by the Bengals. Shutout by the defense with 5 turnovers and 4 sacks.

Ravens defense today against Pittsburgh.

0 points allowed, 1 defensive TD, 9 sacks, 2 INT's, 1 fumble rec.

If not for one bad Palmer pass, this would have been the perfect game.

The conundrum of this game is to decide whether Cleveland's O is that bad or if the D played inspired. I'd lean toward the former, but is Cleveland's line that bad to let the Bengals pitiful front 7 dominate them so badly?

On the Bengals side, I don't know that I have ever seen a slower player than Sam Adams. I know he has had a bad knee all year, but watching him attempt to chase Fry once was high comedy. I have to think Peko would be a better option the rest of the way.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Good grief. I didn't think it possible for a team to make that bengirl defense look capable. By golly the Browns did. That might be the worst effort from my boys all year. And when you're 3-7, that's saying alot.

Hey,Braylon, Frye has been sacked a blubillion times and is running for self-preservation on every damn play; see him calling out his OL or anybody else? Way to bring some extra negative vibe to an already sucky situation.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Good grief. I didn't think it possible for a team to make that bengirl defense look capable. By golly the Browns did. That might be the worst effort from my boys all year. And when you're 3-7, that's saying alot.

Hey,Braylon, Frye has been sacked a blubillion times and is running for self-preservation on every damn play; see him calling out his OL or anybody else? Way to bring some extra negative vibe to an already sucky situation.
    I think this Edwards thing is being overblown. It looked to me like Edwards was explaining to Droughns what happened on the pervious play when he was called for off. pass. interference, and he was using Frye as a prop.

Now, I don't know what else happened in the game, but I don't think Edwards was going off on Frye on the one incident everyone seems to be talking about. Just using him to explain a situation to a teammate.

Frye was bringing back some vivid memories of Jon Kitna by just throwing the ball up for grabs instead of eating it.

In bad news, Chris Perry broke his leg today.

Man, has he had some bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I think this Edwards thing is being overblown. It looked to me like Edwards was explaining to Droughns what happened on the pervious play when he was called for off. pass. interference, and he was using Frye as a prop.

Now, I don't know what else happened in the game, but I don't think Edwards was going off on Frye on the one incident everyone seems to be talking about. Just using him to explain a situation to a teammate.
    The PI was called on eighty-something according to the ref, although the announcer preliminarily called Edwards. Plus, your explanation doesn't make any sense because Braylon went up to apologize later on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    In bad news, Chris Perry broke his leg today.

Man, has he had some bad luck.
    Bummer, that was the first play he got on the field, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The PI was called on eighty-something according to the ref, although the announcer preliminarily called Edwards. Plus, your explanation doesn't make any sense because Braylon went up to apologize later on the field.
    How do you know he went to apologize? The announcers said that he did, but it didn't look like an apology to me. No one could possibly know what Edwards said to Frye.

"Thank you sir, can I have another!!!"

The Browns offensive line is just that..... offensive!

Frye has been sacked 43 times (2nd in the NFL).

You just can't leave your defense on the field all the time and expected anything good.

Besides being injury riddled, this defense is just plain tired.

Your running game is pretty much null and void with Droughns having a total of 2 rushes for 4 yds.

But when the Cribbs 102 yd kickoff return was voided with the holding call to start the game, I knew it was gonna be another lonnnnnng day.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-26-2006 at 08:05 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?