Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will win round 2?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bengals

35 85.37%
  • Browns

6 14.63%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Browns, Round 2

Re: Bengals vs. Browns, Round 2

Also....

why oh why, when there is under 3 minutes left till halftime, you're down 17-0 and on the opponents 30 yd line, does a 3-7 team with nothing to basically lose, try a 48 yd FG and not go for the 2 yds needed for the 1st down?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    How do you know he went to apologize? The announcers said that he did, but it didn't look like an apology to me. No one could possibly know what Edwards said to Frye.
    That's funny considering your wild interpretation of the sideline festivities.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    That's funny considering your wild interpretation of the sideline festivities.
    Yeah, I just watched it again and it does look like Edwards was yelling at Frye.

When I first saw it it looked like he was just talking to Droughns, but after a second look there is no question that he was talking to Frye as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Yeah, I just watched it again and it does look like Edwards was yelling at Frye.

When I first saw it it looked like he was just talking to Droughns, but after a second look there is no question that he was talking to Frye as well.
    Yea, Droughns about had to take him down to get him away. Just frustration due to an anemic offense.

For a Level Playing Field

I wonder if Braylan is trying his best to get traded away? He makes public comments, goes at his QB on the sidelines, etc. Perhaps doing his best T.O. imitation (selfish) thinking he can get somewhere else and win.

BTW... Charlie Frye should have gone after Braylan in week 1. Down 19-14 to the Saints and moving the ball (past the 50-yd. line). Braylan gets hit with a 10-yd. pass right between his numbers... oops, Braylan doesn't hold on and the Saints pick-off the ball. Game over.

I am not a Browns fan or a Michigan fan, but I am always willing to get players their due. Braylan Edwards gets zero respect from me. Not until he grows up.

I'm in favor of the excecution of the offense.

Yuck.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

That Cleveland team is so bad they should not be allowed to have “Browns” as a part of their name and it should be stripped from them. They are a benchmark for a black mark on Ohio football.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I wonder if Braylan is trying his best to get traded away? He makes public comments, goes at his QB on the sidelines, etc.
    Next thing you know, he'll make some comment about preferring to flip burgers than continue to play in Cleveland...
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Next thing you know, he'll make some comment about preferring to flip burgers than continue to play in Cleveland...
    Yeah...but he won't be wanting a large Frye with those burgers.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Is there a team in the NFL that is worse than the Browns?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Yesterday? Probably not. The Browns are probably a better team than they showed yesterday - they'd almost have to be. I'd say they are better than OAK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

That was fun!

You made me look and there really are, can you believe that!

The NFL should have what they call the NFL probationary league, with Cleveland topping the list.

Raiders is a good pick, although I'd have to say Detroit is probably the worst team that I've seen play yet this year. They, like the Arizona Cardinals, are one of those organizations that just continues to confound every benefit the league gives them to be competitive. High draft picks, easier schedule, revenue sharing. Against all odds, nobody seems to be able to hook up with those organizations that know what they're doing. The Browns are quickly joining those ranks. Thankfully, by a modern day marvel, the Bengals escaped that slough of dispond.

Arizona and Detroit are different levels of futility.
    The Cardinals really did a lot of things that made sense. They tried to build around their big play offense, threw money at a RB to make it all work, and thought they could continue what progress they had made last year.

The Lions are as close to 90's era Bengals as you get. If they weren't so stupid I'd call them unlucky. If they weren't so unlucky, I'd call them stupid.
    It's the perfect storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?