Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will win round 2?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bengals

35 85.37%
  • Browns

6 14.63%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Browns, Round 2

Re: Bengals vs. Browns, Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Is there a team in the NFL that is worse than the Browns?
    Uh.... yes. Take a good hard look at the standings. Teams like Detroit, Oakland, Arizona are all 2-9.

And we're the best of all the other 3-8 teams out there.

The Bengals beat us pretty handling both times we have played them. But we've let 4 games, which we were either winning or in, slip through our fingers in the 4th quarter and/or late. There's no excuse for it, and shows this team has problems; but that we also aren't that far off.

Fix the offensive line, which is the "heartbeat" of the team, and you'll see a whole different team.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I wonder if Braylan is trying his best to get traded away? He makes public comments, goes at his QB on the sidelines, etc. Perhaps doing his best T.O. imitation (selfish) thinking he can get somewhere else and win.
    Gee, who else does that sound like?

Nothing more then frustration. He'll come back and apologize.

I like what Winslow said, in defense of Frye..... the poor kid is back there running for his life. Plays don't have time to develop, and Charlie sure doesn't have time to find receivers, primary and/or secondary.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    And we're the best of all the other 3-8 teams out there.
    Time to jump ship Greg before they rightfully rename them the Cleveland Titanics!:fineprint

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Gee, who else does that sound like?

Nothing more then frustration. He'll come back and apologize.

I like what Winslow said, in defense of Frye..... the poor kid is back there running for his life. Plays don't have time to develop, and Charlie sure doesn't have time to find receivers, primary and/or secondary.
    I noticed Sunday that Winslow, even before the game got out of hand, was not doing the routine--running his mouth, pointing out that he made a first down, etc. Maybe he's starting to focus on playing the game and helping his team get better instead of his "soldya" routine.

Also, in a more general sense, I've been noticing that celebrations are falling by the wayside since the restrictions on such things were made more stringent this year. Even Chad has just been going out there and doing his job. I would imagine his coach is quietly reminding him that he has put together 3 historic weeks of football since his latests outburst and as the quiet, workman like Chad.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I'd like to point out to the Browns bashers in the thread; Browns still have more playoff appearances in the last 15 years than the girls. And they didn't field a team for three of those years.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I'd like to point out to the Browns bashers in the thread; Browns still have more playoff appearances in the last 15 years than the girls. And they didn't field a team for three of those years.
    And the Bengals have actually played for something called a Super Bowl. It's always about history with the Browns fans
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Those Super Bowls were in '88 and '81. Further back in history than my 15 year time frame. :

Shall we start counting actual championships?
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

W.H.Y.D.F.M.L.?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Well, lets see...

The Browns haven't won a league championship since before the Bengals came into existence. Only one came after Paul Brown left.

Since the merger, they have 0 AFC championships and 7 division championships, but none since 1989.

The Bengals have had 2 AFC championships and 6 division championships, 2 coming after the Browns last won the division.

Of course all this "who has more championships" talk between Bengals and Browns fans does nothing other than inviting some Steelers wienie to jump in and start rubbing it in. We Ohio fans have all had our ups and downs.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I'm not basing the W-L record on the worse team in the NFL. Maybe at the end of the season.

Anyways, Oakland is worse? They nearly beat San Diego (kinda got srewed a little)... They at least have Randy Moss (not playing worth a crap but still Randy Moss), Jerry Porter (injured), and Warren Sapp. A little excitement there? I think so anyway.

How about Detroit? I'll agree they are horrible, but hey they have Jon Kitna! Okay, so I'm joking about that. But they have Williams' as WR and Shaun Rogers.

Cardinals? Worse record, but better team IMO. They just have a curse or something. But they have Matt Leinart, Edge, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and of course Neil Rackers.

Actually the Browns are better than the Lions, maybe the Raiders, but not the Cardinals. As for the teams with the same record, I don't see how you can say they are the best of the bunch...

Tampa Bay??? A rookie QB maybe, but they have Cadillac, Galloway, Alstott, Barber & Brooks. Houston has Lundy, and the #1 draft pick, but thats about it.

Seriously, the Browns have no talent. Edwards maybe but it appears that he is a Mini-TO. Winslow isn't bad but injury prone.

When you get shut out by the worst defense in the NFL you can't really say much for them. I was half kidding about them being the worst team in the NFL.

I'll change it to the Browns being one of the worst teams in the NFL. Bottom 3 or 4. That bad. Don't care what happened 15 years ago either. Yuck. The Browns don't even have good uniforms. They should change their name to the Cleveland Yawns, cause I'm falling asleep just by talking crap about them. Jeez.

The Cleveland Browns back in the days of Paul Brown, Jim Brown, Lou Groza, Paul Warfield, Leroy Kelly, Frank Ryan, (remember him? I do, I was a big fan of his) etc. up through the Blanton Collier days were very good, Art Model the one that fired Paul Brown moved that team out of state long ago, those teams of long ago were defendable. But this franchise is a whole different story, they really are not the same franchise.

Did GAC pay you to say that!!
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 11-28-2006 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    But this franchise is a whole different story, they really are not the same franchise.
    Exactly...all those championships and division titles went with Modell to Baltimore. The current franchise has done nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

Do we all really need to start this silly, ridiculous, and pointless argument?

Both of our teams have sucked for quite some time.

I'm glad to see the Bengals organization coming out of it.

I hope we're next.

Hey...it was all started by a Browns fan.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Hey...it was all started by a Browns fan.
    Then a Bengal fan nicely took the bait.

SI called the Browns one of the best dressed teams in sports. Check it out on their photo gallery.

I hate the numbers on the helmet - but the gray facemasks are cool. I hope they retro to all-white on Christmas eve (1950 Uniform)

The Browns aren't very good right now. But the Bengals just got good and there's a lot of harping going on in this state.

Good.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?