Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will win round 2?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bengals

35 85.37%
  • Browns

6 14.63%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Browns, Round 2

Re: Bengals vs. Browns, Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Exactly...all those championships and division titles went with Modell to Baltimore. The current franchise has done nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch.
    Not according to official NFL history. The Ravens are actually listed as an expansion team. In the Media Guide, the Ravens have no claim or mention to any of the Browns history.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Did anyone get this game in HD? Everything I had read going into the game said it was going to be in HD and then come gametime it wasn't, at least not for me.

That certainly was an unexpected but quite enjoyable outcome; at least for me it was. The Bengals need to carry that defensive momentum into Thursday night's game bigtime.

The current Browns have just as much to do with the old Browns as the current Texans have to do with the old Oilers. That is just a simple fact. -BUT- Leaving the colors and records and history behind in Cleveland was part of the price Modell paid to move his team to Baltimore and was a nice bone (pun intended) to throw to the fans who, frankly, deserved it. I have no problem with it...I can carry my dislike for the original Browns franchise right over to the new one and not miss a beat.

I have a lot of respect for most of the Browns fans on here, GAC especially. But you other Brownie fans should understand that we Bengals guys take just as much pride and have just as much love for our team as you do for yours even if our franchise has almost 20 fewer seasons in the league. I'm no young pup but I have absolutely no recollection of the NFL without the Bengals in it. My love of the team is life-long, just as you Browns fans affection is for your team.

It all comes down to respect. Don't come into a thread about this week's game and start with the "bengirls" stuff and the "we've been to more playoffs/won a bunch of championships" stuff and not expect to get some thrown right back at you...especially when yours turned out to be the lesser of the two teams on the day. If you're teasing or kidding around, that's one thing, but don't fire away without thinking that you'll get some back in return.

Sorry if I've fanned the flames any more than they already were, that was not my intent. I'll close this post like I closed the first one of the thread: Good luck Brownies. Go Bengals!

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Not according to official NFL history. The Ravens are actually listed as an expansion team. In the Media Guide, the Ravens have no claim or mention to any of the Browns history.
    So, the NFL chooses to ignore that expansion teams do not take the existing players from an existing team. I wonder, do they do the same for the Baltimore/Indy Colts?

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Hey...it was all started by a Browns fan.
    No, it was one of those dog gone, no good Buckeye fans that started it.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Sorry if I've fanned the flames any more than they already were, that was not my intent. I'll close this post like I closed the first one of the thread: Good luck Brownies. Go Bengals!
    It all comes down to respect. Don't come into a thread about this week's game and start with the "bengirls" stuff and the "we've been to more playoffs/won a bunch of championships" stuff and not expect to get some thrown right back at you...especially when yours turned out to be the lesser of the two teams on the day. If you're teasing or kidding around, that's one thing, but don't fire away without thinking that you'll get some back in return.
    Believe me it's all good natured ribbing. I just couldn't stand by and let the Browns bashing i was seeing go unchallenged. One winning season in the last couple decades sure has made some 'gal fans cocky.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Believe me it's all good natured ribbing.
    Yes, Kidding and teasing is a part of being a sports fan. I was a Browns fans most of my life, being a Reds fan and former Browns fan I sometimes wonder if I like pain or something.

Options are laugh or cry with those two organizations at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    So, the NFL chooses to ignore that expansion teams do not take the existing players from an existing team. I wonder, do they do the same for the Baltimore/Indy Colts?
    That was actually addressed by someone earlier. When the Browns moved to Baltimore, all the players left, but nothing else did (i.e. Claim to team history, colors, etc.). That was the price that Modell paid to leave Cleveland.

The Baltimore/Indianapolis story is different. The Colts left, and Baltimore did not stop them. Irsay took off and the Colts went to Indiana.

In 1995 - I believe the NFL fumbled. If there was a team to be placed in Baltimore, the NFL should have paid the Irsays to send the Colts history, colors, etc. to Baltimore. The Cleveland players would have went to Baltimore. This is all preface to the fact that there is nothing that Jim Irsay loves more than some cash in the freezer. A few dollars to the Irsays, and BAM! The Colts are in Baltimore, Cleveland keeps the Browns, and the Indianapolis team gets a new name & identity.

The whole thing about this Cleveland to Baltimore thing is that Mike Brown, if he didn't get a new stadium in 1996, he was planning on moving the Bengals to Cleveland.

Now, how interesting would that have been!
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    No, it was one of those dog gone, no good Buckeye fans that started it.
    Actually, I think Chris Perry started it before the OSU-Michigan game. I'm blamin' him anyway.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I think some of you need to read the agreement that was reached with Modell/Baltimore/NFL with the city of Cleveland.

The Brown's history and tradition stayed in Cleveland.

Why should any of this matter to Cincinnati Bengals fans anyway?

Some of you are acting rather childish over this issue.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-29-2006 at 03:42 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I'm focused on the Ravens now.

The Bengals, yet again, handled the mistake by the lake twice in one season. That's what....5 straight wins? I've lost count :
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 11-29-2006 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Some of you are acting rather childish over this issue.
    YOU ARE!

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Seriously, the Browns have no talent. Edwards maybe but it appears that he is a Mini-TO. Winslow isn't bad but injury prone.
    More absurdity on your part.

Check out where Winslow is ranked as a TE this year in the NFL.

And no, he is not injury prone. He was just stupid doing stunts on a new motorcycle. Since his return, he's been pretty durable.

They should change their name to the Cleveland Yawns, cause I'm falling asleep just by talking crap about them. Jeez.
    And that is about all you have done.

I'm not addressing all Bengal fans.... because I don't come on here and talk crap about the Bengals (and their fans).... but simply Bengal fans like you who like to talk crap....

How easily you forget your team had the worst record of any NFL team between 1991 and 2002.

You clinched your first winning season LAST YEAR since then, and now you're getting on your high horse as if none of the previous ever existed.

And yet during that time you had some talented players on your team. Just a terrible owner who had no concept on how to build a winning franchise.

It took a Marvin Lewis to help put it all together.

We have talent in Cleveland.

Or biggest problem is our offensive line. Just like it was for you guys for years.

Your O-line is the "heartbeat" of your team.

Did you happen to notice that when you guys were going through you r losing streak earlier this year that it was due to the fact your O-line wasn't affording Palmer the protection he needed, and that plays were not being able to develop, even with good receivers, like they should?

The Cleveland Browns are not that far off.

Now whether this coach is the answer is yet to be seen.

But quit talking crap, because all it does is stir things up and accomplishes very little.

I feel somewhat embarrassed and ashamed of saying what I said above.

But I just got tired of hearing your unfactual crap.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

When did I say ANYTHING about the Bengals being good? My Browns rant came from them being SHUT OUT by the worst D in the NFL.

If you want to argue that the Browns are the third worst team in the NFL then go for it. What kind of argument is "you used to suck in the 90s" lol Okay, so what is your point? Have fun living in the past.

You should probably calm down man, and not take this stuff so serious. I'm mostly kidding about talking crap anyways.

I still think the Browns are a little more than a coach away from even being a .500 team.

I apologize though if I got under your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    More absurdity on your part.

Check out where Winslow is ranked as a TE this year in the NFL.

And no, he is not injury prone. He was just stupid doing stunts on a new motorcycle. Since his return, he's been pretty durable.

And that is about all you have done.

I'm not addressing all Bengal fans.... because I don't come on here and talk crap about the Bengals (and their fans).... but simply Bengal fans like you who like to talk crap....

How easily you forget your team had the worst record of any NFL team between 1991 and 2002.

You clinched your first winning season LAST YEAR since then, and now you're getting on your high horse as if none of the previous ever existed.

And yet during that time you had some talented players on your team. Just a terrible owner who had no concept on how to build a winning franchise.

It took a Marvin Lewis to help put it all together.

We have talent in Cleveland.

Or biggest problem is our offensive line. Just like it was for you guys for years.

Your O-line is the "heartbeat" of your team.

Did you happen to notice that when you guys were going through you r losing streak earlier this year that it was due to the fact your O-line wasn't affording Palmer the protection he needed, and that plays were not being able to develop, even with good receivers, like they should?

The Cleveland Browns are not that far off.

Now whether this coach is the answer is yet to be seen.

But quit talking crap, because all it does is stir things up and accomplishes very little.

I feel somewhat embarrassed and ashamed of saying what I said above.

But I just got tired of hearing your unfactual crap.
    Goodness sakes GAC,

Your starting to sound like a true Michigan or Notre Dame fan

Just because the city of Cleveland made a bad deal with Model, they should have let him have the history etc, and kept the players, it wasn't like Paul Brown did not already steal their colors.

Turn Off Ads?