Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uniform Countdown!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Uniform Countdown!

RedsFest is coming up!

The Reds will "unveil" their new uni's and bump elbows with all of us slobs.
    Do you think any changes will be made to the uniforms in light that they were leaked?

What changes would you make?

First, I heard that they will be retaining the black bill for the road games. I would rather have the solid red. I also would not mind the new Mr Red on the BP hat.

Second, I would like to not have the damn black dropshadow on EVERYTHING. If you must use black, i would like to see just a thin simple outline on the numbers and the wishbone C on the hats.
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Uniform Countdown!

I've never liked the red cap with the black bill. Something about it has never looked right to me. Solid red all the time would be my choice. Would be interesting if they do something different with the BP caps. I think the only thing the dropshadow looks good on is the solid red caps. Makes the wishbone "C" jump out and is not that noticeable. As far as the uniform, I hope they are simple and classic and that the use of "black" is at a very minimum. I have a fear that they will still be wearing black BP jerseys on the road and that they will keep black as the color of the team jackets. Looking forward to seeing them next week.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Go to an all black cap.

Go to a black alternate 3rd jersey (much like the red one they wore for Sunday games)

Fire Jerry Narron

Those 3 things would help the uniform immensely

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    I've never liked the red cap with the black bill. Something about it has never looked right to me. Solid red all the time would be my choice.
    Randy, while you and I usually agree about Reds uniforms (we both want the 1968-71 uniforms brought back), I actually do like the red cap with black bill-maybe it reminds me of Wayne Pioneer colors.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Randy, while you and I usually agree about Reds uniforms (we both want the 1968-71 uniforms brought back), I actually do like the red cap with black bill-maybe it reminds me of Wayne Pioneer colors.
    Why would anyone want to be reminded of the Wayne Pioneers? Just kidding. Anyway good luck in the playoffs. It would be great to see Wayne and Tolsia in the finals to represent southern WV.

If I had a vote , I would definitely take the black out of the uniforms. I want color. And while I were at it I would do away with all the "computerized " logos in sports. Bring back the Old logos in sports.
    Thankfully this does not apply as much to the Reds, I'd hate to think they would ever mess with the wishbone. Also just so they don't ever go to a Jersey with REDS Across the front in block letters that are hard to read and look like about 10 other teams jerseys. I'm thinking specificaly about the Bluejays and D-Rays unis, but there are others.

I used to live in Ona, fourrunhomer, on Howell's Mill Road. Grew up, on Union Ridge Road, if you know where that is. Still own my grandfather's farm 69 acres on Howell's Mill Road, near Rush Hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    That's right. I remember Wayne wearing caps like that when I was in high school. Looked good for the Pioneers. Don't like it for the Reds.

I would like to see them do away with the pinstripes on the home Uniforms and go with the solid red caps.

You're going to get your wish.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I know there will be less black....

I'm absolutely giddy about the new lettering.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I know there will be less black....
    The question is, how much less?

Less than the Michael Richards fan club.

Makes all the routine posts.

I heard that they were going to somehow incorporate blue into the uniform. Anybody heard anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by jt4prez View Post
    I heard that they were going to somehow incorporate blue into the uniform. Anybody heard anything about this?
    Very old and very untrue rumor.

Turn Off Ads?