Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uniform Countdown!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Uniform Countdown!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Less than the Michael Richards fan club.

Oh god, I'm Crying Here!
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by fourrunhomer View Post
    Why would anyone want to be reminded of the Wayne Pioneers? Just kidding. Anyway good luck in the playoffs. It would be great to see Wayne and Tolsia in the finals to represent southern WV.

Thanks. Earlier this afternoon I watched Wayne defeat Grafton, 14-7. Last night Tolsia upset James Monroe, 7-6, so this year's WV AA football champion will be from Wayne County. It's a shame Wayne and Tolsia have to travel all the way to Wheeling to play the game next Friday.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Thanks. Earlier this afternoon I watched Wayne defeat Grafton, 14-7. Last night Tolsia upset James Monroe, 7-6, so this year's WV AA football champion will be from Wayne County. It's a shame Wayne and Tolsia have to travel all the way to Wheeling to play the game next Friday.
    And a darn good thing they don't have to play Wheeling Central Catholic. Those Ohio and Pennsylvania boys made mince meat of the local Greenbrier West Cavaliers last night in an embarrassing fashion. They let the provochial schools recruit big talent with scholarships and our kids get killed. Wheeling Central could win the AAA title.

BTW, good luck to the Wayne County teams, whichever one wins.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Go Pioneers!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    And a darn good thing they don't have to play Wheeling Central Catholic. Those Ohio and Pennsylvania boys made mince meat of the local Greenbrier West Cavaliers last night in an embarrassing fashion. They let the provochial schools recruit big talent with scholarships and our kids get killed. Wheeling Central could win the AAA title.

BTW, good luck to the Wayne County teams, whichever one wins.
    I'm a Williamstown grad and my school actually has to play Central for the title next week.

I guess I'm the only one here that actually liked the 70's-80's pullovers?

I don't know, those just looked neater than some of the other ones from that era. I.e. the Mets!

WHAT were TPTB smoking when they thought "Gee, racing orange and blue piping, yeah THAT ought to work!" :thumbdown

But seriously, I'd be in favor of that style as a button down

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJRogers View Post
    I guess I'm the only one here that actually liked the 70's-80's pullovers?

I don't know, those just looked neater than some of the other ones from that era. I.e. the Mets!

WHAT were TPTB smoking when they thought "Gee, racing orange and blue piping, yeah THAT ought to work!" :thumbdown

But seriously, I'd be in favor of that style as a button down

I believe that when they chose the team colors for the Mets, they used orange for the Giants and blue for the Dodgers. They wanted to appeal to both fanbases who were jilted by the Giants and Dodgers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I believe that when they chose the team colors for the Mets, they used orange for the Giants and blue for the Dodgers. They wanted to appeal to both fanbases who were jilted by the Giants and Dodgers.
    Orange and blue are New York City's official colors. That also played a major role in the decision.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    No, I meant those ugly racing stripes on the side of the Met uniforms from 83-93

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Orange and blue are New York City's official colors. That also played a major role in the decision.
    And the decision making of the Knicks and Islanders, too.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    I used to live in Ona, fourrunhomer, on Howell's Mill Road. Grew up, on Union Ridge Road, if you know where that is. Still own my grandfather's farm 69 acres on Howell's Mill Road, near Rush Hollow.
    I grew up on howell's mill.

Turn Off Ads?