Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Redsfest 2006

Redsfest 2006

Who all is going? I've never been to one, and after talking with Chip, decided to come down this year (next weekend).

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...m/redsfest.jsp
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redsfest 2006

Man GAC, I really wanted to go this year but I will be on a business trip and woln't get back to Cincy until the mid/late afternoon on Saturday. I considered quitting so I could go to Redsfest but thought that might impact how many actual games I can attend next year.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

I'll be there with a buddy on Saturday. Not sure what time, though. We scored some early passes for 10:00 to 12:00. Has anyone heard if there is anything special going then on other than the fact that it should be a little less crowded?

My personal opinion is that the activities are geared more towards children than adults, but I have always had a good time at Redsfest. If you are interested in collectibles and/or clothing, you will not be disappointed.

I'll probably go.
    Makes all the routine posts.

My 2 kids (11, 7) will be attending with me. My son was in a play that was the same weekend but had to drop out because RedsFest comes first to him. I would normally not let him do that but he didn't have a lot of lines and he has literally been talking about RedsFest for 3 years (since his last one).
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

My wife, myself and my two sons (10, 7) will be attending for the first time. Looks like we will be there Sat.

On a side note, the Reds provided me with 2, 2-day passes since I had bought group tickets this past season. I thought that was a very positive move on their part.
    Let's play two!!!

We are going both days. It's a 3 hour drive, so we are pulling the kids out of school about lunchtime. Priorities, huh?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    We are going both days. It's a 3 hour drive, so we are pulling the kids out of school about lunchtime. Priorities, huh?
    Sounds like you have them pretty straight to me.

If alot people are going on Saturday, then we ought to figure out a way to hook up just to get to meet one another briefly.

This will be my first Redsfest.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Are the new unis for 2007 going to be on display this weekend? I would love to pick up some new gear for Christmas.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

La Dolce Vita

Went several years in a row when Barry was there. No more.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Are the new unis for 2007 going to be on display this weekend? I would love to pick up some new gear for Christmas.
    I heard on the radio ad they will have the new uniforms for sale!

University of Cincinnati

New uni's will be released at 5pm friday
    THE University of Cincinnati

I'll be there at some point during the day/evening Saturday.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Turn Off Ads?