Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Redsfest 2006

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Redsfest 2006

I was actually thinking about going. My daughter has really been bugging me about Baseball season. Maybe Redsfest will pacify her until Feb. Might even get me the opportunity to have a chit chat with a few people.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?

My daughter called last night and got two tickets from a co-worker, so I'm going with either my son or one of my buddies.

Ill be making the 3 hour haul down the AA Highway. Never been to a RedsFest. So me and my dad are gonna go to this one just to see what its like. We couldnt decide if it would be worth driving all the way to Cincinnati for but we said who cares its about baseball so i know we will enjoy it.

I'm going to try to go Friday. I'll report back on the uniform fashion show if I do.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I'll be there Friday with Chip and possibly Redsland.

Chip's old-time baseball team has a booth there.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I think that I'll walk over there after work on Friday. I keep checking, but I can't ascertain which players will be signing autographs and on which days (?)
    VBR IS LIVING IN CINCINNATI...I FEEL GOOD!

Everyone who's coming from out of town, please note that the Reds website says NOTHING about being able to buy tickets at the door.... they mention you can buy them at Meijer stores, via the Reds website, or by calling the number given... I assume there are fees associated with each method. I further assume they have a Will Call window.

I was surprised as they've always sold them at the door before. Now I have to run to Meijer before we go.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

TB, you better be able to buy tickets at the door. There will be a ton of people shut out if you cant buy tickets at the door....that would be a PR nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    TB, you better be able to buy tickets at the door. There will be a ton of people shut out if you cant buy tickets at the door....that would be a PR nightmare.
    I totally agree, but I haven't seen it in print anywhere.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

From a reliable source, tickets will be available at the door. You can even still buy the special 2-day passes there with the lanyard and stuff.

Simple question from an out-of-towner.....Where is the Will Call window?

Finally, an article recently posted on reds.com states tickets will be available at the door.

Cheers!

That's awesome, just a couple of hours after I drove exhaustedly through the rain to Meijer to get my ticket

I was actually just trying to avoid the online convenience charge, but of course they charged that at Meijer too. I want to tell the people at the door that they owe me two bucks. Convenience charges slay me. I've taken commuter trains to different cities to avoid them. I am a healthy and mobile person, but a poor one. Paying extra money is therefore, to me, as inconvenient as inconvenient can possibly be.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I bought my weekend passes on line, and the only shipping option was will call. About a week later they arrived by USPS. It made me wonder about at the door availability.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Maybe we should start a pic thread for all the pics we take to share with everyone else who can't go.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?