Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    413

    Eric Milton = Free Agent?

    I was searching the MLB.COM free agent tracker and on the list of Free Agent Starting Pitchers it had Eric Milton listed as a free agent? Typo?
    We'll win it all next year...

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,963

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent

    Quote Originally Posted by bthomasiscool View Post
    I was searching the MLB.COM free agent tracker and on the list of Free Agent Starting Pitchers it had Eric Milton listed as a free agent? Typo?
    Put a question mark in your headline.

    My heart went all aflutter.

  4. #3
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,419

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Put a question mark in your headline.

    My heart went all aflutter.
    seconded

  5. #4
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,915

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Put a question mark in your headline.

    My heart went all aflutter.
    My heart skipped a beat when I saw it. And I almost said "There is a God"

  6. #5
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,394

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

    I was going to say, "Is he high?" He does have a player's option for next year but even with the outrageous salaries that are being given out there I don't think he's that stupid.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    413

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

    My apologies, didn't mean the confusion. Still confused though on why they had him as a free agent.
    We'll win it all next year...

  8. #7
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,447

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

    Quote Originally Posted by bthomasiscool View Post
    My apologies, didn't mean the confusion. Still confused though on why they had him as a free agent.
    He hasn't exercised his option to return to the Reds yet, in the likely vain hope that another team will outbid the Reds for his services. Technically, that makes him a free agent.

    Keep your fingers crossed and whenever possible direct some mental energy to telepathically-convincing the other GMs to pick him up.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    413

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    He hasn't exercised his option to return to the Reds yet, in the likely vain hope that another team will outbid the Reds for his services. Technically, that makes him a free agent.

    Keep your fingers crossed and whenever possible direct some mental energy to telepathically-convincing the other GMs to pick him up.
    Haha, thanks. I'll be sure to do that.
    We'll win it all next year...

  10. #9
    All dyslexics must untie!
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    SW Portland, OR
    Posts
    8,604

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Keep your fingers crossed and whenever possible direct some mental energy to telepathically-convincing the other GMs to pick him up.
    "Dan O'Brien...Milwaukee...Dan O'Brien...Milwaukee..."
    Never overlook the obvious

  11. #10
    Redsmetz redsmetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Winton Place
    Posts
    11,168

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

    According to Cot's website

    05:$4M, 06:$8.5M, 07:$9M
    may opt out of final season (2007) by hitting incentives
    It doesn't specify the incentives, but I would guess, with his injuries that he didn't meet them. Anyone recall what they were? I'm guessing IP's over a couple of the years.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    1,154

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

    Eric K Milton, will you please go now? You can go by bus, you can go by cow... just go, go, go. I don't care how...You can go by lion's tail, or stamp yourself and go by mail!

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,842

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

    At this juncture, it would do more harm than not for Milton to leave as a free agent. Until more SP's are acquired, this would create additional holes. Yes, the freeing of salary could be used towards more SP, but there are no guarantees.

    I'd rather get additional SP's now and hold out hope that Milton puts together a decent year and that the Reds can trade him mid season (which I think is certainly possible).

  14. #13
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,585

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    At this juncture, it would do more harm than not for Milton to leave as a free agent. Until more SP's are acquired, this would create additional holes. Yes, the freeing of salary could be used towards more SP, but there are no guarantees.

    I'd rather get additional SP's now and hold out hope that Milton puts together a decent year and that the Reds can trade him mid season (which I think is certainly possible).
    Sorry, but I can't disagree more.

    Almost anyone could match or surpass what Eric Milton's done in a Reds uniform.

    Heck, Joe Mays would be as "good" as Eric Milton.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  15. #14
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,951

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    At this juncture, it would do more harm than not for Milton to leave as a free agent. I'd rather get additional SP's now and hold out hope that Milton puts together a decent year
    I've been holding out hope for a Six Million Dollar Man Doll for Christmas for the last 29 years, but I've come to the realization that it ain't going to happen, just like Milton ain't going to put together a solid year. If he signs with another team it would be the best Christmas present a Reds fan could ask for.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  16. #15
    You know his story Redsland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    7,714

    Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

    Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    It doesn't specify the incentives, but I would guess, with his injuries that he didn't meet them. Anyone recall what they were?
    I just read through over a half-dozen articles about the signing, and none mentioned any incentives. All of the reports said it was a three-year contract, and that Milton could "opt-out" of the final year if he wished. No stipulations were mentioned.
    Makes all the routine posts.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25