Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

Eric Milton = Free Agent?

I was searching the MLB.COM free agent tracker and on the list of Free Agent Starting Pitchers it had Eric Milton listed as a free agent? Typo?
    We'll win it all next year...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Man Pills

Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent

Quote Originally Posted by bthomasiscool View Post
    I was searching the MLB.COM free agent tracker and on the list of Free Agent Starting Pitchers it had Eric Milton listed as a free agent? Typo?
    Put a question mark in your headline.

My heart went all aflutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post

seconded

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post

My heart skipped a beat when I saw it. And I almost said "There is a God"

Re: Eric Milton = Free Agent?

I was going to say, "Is he high?" He does have a player's option for next year but even with the outrageous salaries that are being given out there I don't think he's that stupid.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

My apologies, didn't mean the confusion. Still confused though on why they had him as a free agent.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bthomasiscool View Post
    My apologies, didn't mean the confusion. Still confused though on why they had him as a free agent.
    He hasn't exercised his option to return to the Reds yet, in the likely vain hope that another team will outbid the Reds for his services. Technically, that makes him a free agent.

Keep your fingers crossed and whenever possible direct some mental energy to telepathically-convincing the other GMs to pick him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    He hasn't exercised his option to return to the Reds yet, in the likely vain hope that another team will outbid the Reds for his services. Technically, that makes him a free agent.

Keep your fingers crossed and whenever possible direct some mental energy to telepathically-convincing the other GMs to pick him up.
    Haha, thanks. I'll be sure to do that.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    "Dan O'Brien...Milwaukee...Dan O'Brien...Milwaukee..."
    Never overlook the obvious

According to Cot's website

05:$4M, 06:$8.5M, 07:$9M
    may opt out of final season (2007) by hitting incentives
    It doesn't specify the incentives, but I would guess, with his injuries that he didn't meet them. Anyone recall what they were? I'm guessing IP's over a couple of the years.

Eric K Milton, will you please go now? You can go by bus, you can go by cow... just go, go, go. I don't care how...You can go by lion's tail, or stamp yourself and go by mail!

At this juncture, it would do more harm than not for Milton to leave as a free agent. Until more SP's are acquired, this would create additional holes. Yes, the freeing of salary could be used towards more SP, but there are no guarantees.

I'd rather get additional SP's now and hold out hope that Milton puts together a decent year and that the Reds can trade him mid season (which I think is certainly possible).

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    At this juncture, it would do more harm than not for Milton to leave as a free agent. Until more SP's are acquired, this would create additional holes. Yes, the freeing of salary could be used towards more SP, but there are no guarantees.

I'd rather get additional SP's now and hold out hope that Milton puts together a decent year and that the Reds can trade him mid season (which I think is certainly possible).
    Sorry, but I can't disagree more.

Almost anyone could match or surpass what Eric Milton's done in a Reds uniform.

Heck, Joe Mays would be as "good" as Eric Milton.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    At this juncture, it would do more harm than not for Milton to leave as a free agent. I'd rather get additional SP's now and hold out hope that Milton puts together a decent year
    I've been holding out hope for a Six Million Dollar Man Doll for Christmas for the last 29 years, but I've come to the realization that it ain't going to happen, just like Milton ain't going to put together a solid year. If he signs with another team it would be the best Christmas present a Reds fan could ask for.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    It doesn't specify the incentives, but I would guess, with his injuries that he didn't meet them. Anyone recall what they were?
    I just read through over a half-dozen articles about the signing, and none mentioned any incentives. All of the reports said it was a three-year contract, and that Milton could "opt-out" of the final year if he wished. No stipulations were mentioned.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?