Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Love!

My New Love!

No, Amanda and I didn't split. 13 months of wedded bliss now.

My new love is:

I heart the Atlanta Thrashers. Hockey good.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: My New Love!

Hockey very good.

Atlanta is a very, very fun team to watch. My next game is Sabres-Thrashers Dec 30 - if your in the neighborhood Raisor, I'll hold a seat for you.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Hockey very good.

Atlanta is a very, very fun team to watch. My next game is Sabres-Thrashers Dec 30 - if your in the neighborhood Raisor, I'll hold a seat for you.
    I've got tix for the Dec 9 Penguins game.

On thanksgiving Amanda and I stopped by our church, to say hi to everyone having dinner there, and the first thing our pastor said was "did you see the fight last night?".

Blueland rules.

I heart the Atlanta Thrashers. Hockey good.
    Yep, bout time you noticed.

BTW any BJ's fans want to explain what happened to their coach? I turn my back on the game for a few days and next thing I know Ken Hitchcock is standing behind the bench.

BTW Ken is more of an old style NHL coach (defense and smack and grab) thn the new NHL style... I'd be very afraid.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

BTW any BJ's fans want to explain what happened to their coach? I turn my back on the game for a few days and next thing I know Ken Hitchcock is standing behind the bench.

BTW Ken is more of an old style NHL coach (defense and smack and grab) thn the new NHL style... I'd be very afraid.
    Let's see how long Ken lasts in Columbus. This year started off so swimmingly for him in Philly.

Ken definitely got outcoached and outskated by Buffalo last year in the playoffs. Apparently Ken doesn't like to adjust to one of the fastest teams in the league and likes to play an overrated Esche in net.

Made for a great equation for his departure here.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Evidently the owners decided they needed a big name coach to turn the corner and start winning...

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    Evidently the owners decided they needed a big name coach to turn the corner and start winning...
    Really?

Last year they needed a workman coach to teach the youngsters and start winning.

Oh well, what they really need is a 3rd line and a couple of more defenseman.. and a name goalie.

I haven't really looked at stats this year, but the BJ's seem to have little depth at C, scoring problems and their 2 main D guys are a combined -29.

Ouch. They need minutes from a center who produces, currently Sergio averages 18 a game and he has a whole 8 points.

Thrashers have now lost five of six. bah

They got off to a great start, but are now stinking it up. I still heart Blueland though.

despite living the greater columbus area, I don't follow them all that closely. I just happened to see a dispatch article a week or so ago that covered their desire for a 'big-name' coach.

They seem to have all the signs of "floundering franchise" if you ask me. I don't think they really know hockey. They figure if they can "do this one more thing" it will put them over the edge, without really understanding where the edge lies.

It's sort of like the IT department that keeps buying new products to fix process issues, not that I'm bitter much, of course...

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I'd be interested to see how Hitch does with the Jackets. Not his biggest fan certainly, but I always thought the biggest problem in Philly was Bobby Clark.

By the way, the Sabres now only have single seats left for the remainder of the season. So glad I got in on a pair of seaon tix (sharing them) - it has been a great entertainment investment.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

I guess someone needs to photoshop that picture of Raisor and the Playmates and replace them with 4 hockey players.

I hope you and the Thrashers will be very happy together, Raisor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I don't understand this at all. Can someone interpret Canadian for me?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

The Atlanta Thrashers, 2006-07 South East Division Champions

Believe in Blueland!

Congrats to the Thrashers, good luck vs the Rangers... not much defense vs that vet crew will be a tough row to hoe

Sorry Raisor, welcome to the disappointment of the NHL playoffs, it's a different game then the season.

Turn Off Ads?