Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Love!

Re: My New Love!

Goodbye Thrashers, we hardly knew ye.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

As a Rangers fan, I've got to say that whupping felt good, been a long time coming. The club stumbled into some serious chemistry at the trade deadline. Sean Avery and Paul Mara turned out to be exactly what the franchise needed, along with the callup of Ryan Callahan.

Should be interesting to see who the Rangers get in the next round. It will be either Buffalo or Ottawa dependent on how the Devils-Lightning series pans out and either of those matchups should make for some compelling hockey.
    Last edited by M2; 04-19-2007 at 09:51 AM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Sean Avery is a mucker, he'll wear out his welcome in NY eventually (teammates, fans, coach etc..) but he's a playoff hockey player, and something the Rangers needed.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Sean Avery is a mucker, he'll wear out his welcome in NY eventually (teammates, fans, coach etc..) but he's a playoff hockey player, and something the Rangers needed.
    New Yorkers love guys like that, pretty much unconditionally.

He reminds me of Dale Hunter. In fact, he's positively channeling Dale Hunter. He'll be despised by everyone else, but he'll be adored by his home team.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    New Yorkers love guys like that, pretty much unconditionally.

He reminds me of Dale Hunter. In fact, he's positively channeling Dale Hunter. He'll be despised by everyone else, but he'll be adored by his home team.
    He's like a less talented and slightly larger version of Theo Fleury.

He's like a less talented and slightly larger version of Theo Fleury.
    Like I said, Dale Hunter.

The Rat was cut from the same mold. Esa Tikkanen and Claude Lemieux were larger models.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Like I said, Dale Hunter.

The Rat was cut from the same mold. Esa Tikkanen and Claude Lemieux were larger models.
    In San Jose the fans would get worked into a frenzy when Fleury came to town, it was hilarious, he worked the crowd like a pro.

Hey West, the Flames aren't making it too easy on you, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Hey West, the Flames aren't making it too easy on you, eh?
    Gawd no, but the Wings always play bad in Alberta. They miss Kromwell, he's the guy that hits the most and attacks the best in the rush from the defense. They also miss a sniper in the Shanny or Hull tradition, it will be interesting over the weekend, the older Wings are hurt by the quick turnaround on Sunday.

Gawd no, but the Wings always play bad in Alberta. They miss Kromwell, he's the guy that hits the most and attacks the best in the rush from the defense. They also miss a sniper in the Shanny or Hull tradition, it will be interesting over the weekend, the older Wings are hurt by the quick turnaround on Sunday.
    Ya. I like Kronwall. He's always looked like he would be a solid NHL d-man.

I'm a Blackhawks fan at heart, so I always have respect for the Wings (god the wings beat the blackhawks a lot). I do go to a lot of Flames games, and watch a lot of their road games and I really believe they have underachieved this season. Probably one of the better 8th seeds in my mind.

Should be an interesting final 3 games. I bet it goes to 7.

Hey WOY, congrats on the 1st series win. The better team clearly won.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Hey WOY, congrats on the 1st series win. The better team clearly won.
    The Reds Wings generally run into 1 hot goalie a year, hopefully last night was the last time, Kipper was on, and the Wings have big problems when a goalie steals their mojo. However they like the Reds are missing a big RH swinger, the Wings just happen to need it at the point, not in the middle of the order.

The Reds Wings generally run into 1 hot goalie a year, hopefully last night was the last time, Kipper was on, and the Wings have big problems when a goalie steals their mojo. However they like the Reds are missing a big RH swinger, the Wings just happen to need it at the point, not in the middle of the order.
    Ya Kipper was something else.

He made some incredible saves during that 4 minute PP in OT. And your right, the Wings just lacked the guy that could finish off the plays. Detroit had tons of set-ups unlike the Flames but just couldn't quite get them past Kipper.

Turn Off Ads?