Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gregg Zaun???

Gregg Zaun???

Oh my Lord...how many "knows how to play the game" quotes can WK and Jerry fit into one press conference? From rotoworld.com:

With Rod Barajas expected to take over as Toronto's catcher, free agent Gregg Zaun could join the Red Sox or Yankees as a No. 2 catcher.

The Reds also have some interest in him, even though they just shipped off Jason LaRue. Zaun turned down about $6 million over two years to remain with the Jays.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...sBaseball/home

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Gregg Zaun???

I hope not.

how good of a fielder is Zaun?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigs View Post
    how good of a fielder is Zaun?
    Makes no difference. This would put WK on double secret probation, in my book.

If Zaun turned down $3 mil per from Toronto, then what would Cincy need to offer? It would be Wayne's biggest disaster to date.

hollywood mid westerner

i would LOVE to hear the WK defenders on this board if we signed zaun for over 2 years 6 mil+

I'm not one to brag on this board, but I did post a while ago:

I've heard the name Gregg Zaun thrown around the grapevine. No link or source that I can speak of, but I've heard it. Take it for what it is worth, bc I heard it from someone close to Zaun.

Greg Zaun gives a really kicking movie review.

Quote Originally Posted by Patpacillosjock View Post
    i would LOVE to hear the WK defenders on this board if we signed zaun for over 2 years 6 mil+
    So if it dosen't happen what are you going to say?
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Senor Votto

Do we really need Gregg Zaun? What does he have to offer us? Nothing. When will Waye realize we only need 2 catchers

yeah...

Nothing wrong with looking. Especially if a deal involving either Ross or the LLM is in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by IamWallaman View Post
    Nothing wrong with looking. Especially if a deal involving either Ross or the LLM is in the works.
    This is my hope. I want to dump Ross's career year posthaste.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I have met that dude and he is a grade A pr!ck. Pardon my french. He is just an ahole and I couldnt stand him. Total hot head headcase.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    I have met that dude and he is a grade A pr!ck. Pardon my french. He is just an ahole and I couldnt stand him. Total hot head headcase.
    I've heard this too. Then I ask myself, why pay Zaun 3 mill when you had Larue, who you could trade at the deadline?

And cash in on Ross's career year around the time of spring training when teams are desperate for catchers/spare parts.

Oh well. That's all blood under the bridge.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Isn't Zaun Rick Demsey's nephew or something? I don't really see the need for Greg Zaun unless there is a Ross trade brewing.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Do we really need Gregg Zaun? What does he have to offer us? Nothing. When will Waye realize we only need 2 catchers
    What if Special K moves another one of our catchers?

I'd be interested in hearing from TC and others "In The Know" about how he calls a game and what other teams think of his skills as a receiver.

Catchers who call a better game make pitchers better? Or no?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Turn Off Ads?