Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Many Have Their Christmas Tree Up?

How Many Have Their Christmas Tree Up?

My wife put ours up yesterday, after she got home from Black Friday. That is the earliest we have ever done it.

I laid on the couch and supervised.

She did one heck of a job!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How Many Have Their Christmas Tree Up?

Have lights and a new lighted display (3 presents) in the front up, and a lot of knick-knack around the house.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Not yet. I never like to see it up until after Thanksgiving. I halfway expected us to start putting it up yesterday, but a day at the movies stopped that, and we have a day of sports today.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Our main one, the one in the living room, went up last Sunday. We usually do it the weekend before Thanksgiving. My wife takes of that, while I take care of the outside stuff. Yesterday she put up trees in the kids' rooms.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Mine are up.... up in the attic.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Mine are up.... up in the attic.

My great grandmother, who died about 40 years ago (I barely remember her), lived in an old farmhouse out in the country. She was a cross, harsh old woman I have heard. She had an artificial tree even way back then. She kept it decorated all year round, and she had a room off of her front room. She slid it out of there into her front before Christmas, and back in there after. Quick and easy.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

We put ours up, yesterday. I say, "We". Matt and I helped until we had to take off for baseball practice, and when we returned home, the job was done. Momma, as Matt calls her, did a great job!

She was a cross, harsh old woman
    I remember a lot of old country ladies that could be described in those exact words. That breed has just about dissappeared. My grandmother on my father's side was a lot like that.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Mine goes up the day after Thanksgiving every year and doesn't come down until January 6. I grew up Methodist and still find myself observing all of that "Church calendar" stuff.

was planning on putting ours up right after the bengals beat the browns sunday

Of course if you're a redneck, your tree (and outer lights) have been up all year.

All ya had to do was plug them in.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    I remember a lot of old country ladies that could be described in those exact words. That breed has just about dissappeared. My grandmother on my father's side was a lot like that.
    I know a lot of old city ladies like that.

My grandmother, watched the Mets, bowled 200 games, chain smoked Eve cigarettes and worked as an accountant at a Dairy. Her hobby was listening to the police scanner in her room, playing with her 13 cats and driving my grandfather crazy.

Most folks love their grandma... mine scared the crap out of me.

Oh and I don't believe Christmas exists until after 12-10

Let's see, I think it was the Thursday before Thanksgiving. I was also listening to Christmas music that day. We have small kids and Jesus being born is pretty cool to celebrate, so its a really fun time around our house, so why not start early?

My fiancee made me throw out the tree I used last year, and I bought a new one at the end of the season when everything was on sale. When she left me, she took the tree...never even took it out of the box.

Now all I have are a few ornaments, and it'd be silly to hang them on my TV set or somewhere...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?