Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Speaking of the Twins...

Speaking of the Twins...

Brad Radke was suppose to announce a decision on retirement by early November, I still have not heard anything. Is it possible that he he is seeing the money being thrown around and is now thinking about coming back? Do you think he could be signed to a deal similiar to the Woody Williams deal?

I think he would make a great # 3 starter for the Reds.

I would even think about putting him on a schedule where he wouldn't make his first start til May 1st. Give him some extra rest, make sure he is strong in September.

Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Speaking of the Twins...

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Brad Radke was suppose to announce a decision on retirement by early November, I still have not heard anything. Is it possible that he he is seeing the money being thrown around and is now thinking about coming back? Do you think he could be signed to a deal similiar to the Woody Williams deal?

I think he would make a great # 3 starter for the Reds.

I would even think about putting him on a schedule where he wouldn't make his first start til May 1st. Give him some extra rest, make sure he is strong in September.

Thoughts?
    Radke's arm is assembled at the moment with spit and tissue paper, he's done.

didn't his arm nearly fall off last season? .... no thanks
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

If you want Brad Radke, give Elizardo Ramirez a little more experience.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by cincy09 View Post
    didn't his arm nearly fall off last season? .... no thanks
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=5462

Despite the need for painkillers, anti-inflammatories and cortisone shots, Radke is out there pitching through the pain of a torn labrum and what one Twins source called a "shredded" rotator cuff. Since the cuff is involved in decelerating the arm, the source tells me that it feels to Radke as if "his arm's tearing off his body."

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Despite the need for painkillers, anti-inflammatories and cortisone shots, Radke is out there pitching through the pain of a torn labrum and what one Twins source called a "shredded" rotator cuff. Since the cuff is involved in decelerating the arm, the source tells me that it feels to Radke as if "his arm's tearing off his body."

So, no then?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    So, no then?

I guess not.

I didn't realize his injuries were that bad.

Somewhere right now, Doc Hollywood is getting ready to buy a new boat and smiling with glee.

Ugh, I'm really sorry read that. Makes me want to strap a big ice pack to my perfectly healthy shoulder.
    Last edited by blumj; 11-25-2006 at 01:38 PM.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

If Radke would come back anywhere I could guarantee that it would be in Minnesota and not anywhere else. Even if he'd get twice as much money somewhere else. But I tend to think he is finished.

Originally Posted by westofyou

NEVER MIND

Turn Off Ads?