Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jennings for Freel (revisited)

Re: keep Freel

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    even if Denorfia looks good in 2007 Freel will play 40-60 games while Griffey rests and Free will fill in for Deno, Dunn, EE & Phillips.
    We need depth & Freel is a big part of this.
    We need a starter more IMO. Freel's IF days in Cincy appear over and if he becomes a part-time OF his value will take a hit. The reds need the reserve OF who spells Griffey frequently and Dunn once in a while to be a power player anyway. A trade now is best for everyone IMO.

2. Turn Off Ads?

reply to mth123

If we trade Freel then who fills in for EE & Phillips? ( I think Phillips especially will need some rest to keep his legs fresh.)
    Castro? Harris?? Olmedo???

part of BBN

Re: Jennings for Freel (revisited)

alot including myself have mentioned bringing in a guy with some pop for OF.
    more popular names appear to be nixon and wilson.
    if dunn and jr are both here come opening day....if one of those guys are signed,would we have a set leadoff hitter?
    freel/deno would only play in a sort of platoon basis in that case.
    it is my opinion that this team needs another piece of lumber because of the # of hitters in the same mold.....freel/deno/phillips/gonzalez.
    phillips and AG seem like 7 and 8 hitters but with ross, it will probably be 6 and 8.
    guess what i'm askin is if freel was to be traded and deno relagated to 4th OF...then our top of the order would be .....??

Re: reply to mth123

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    If we trade Freel then who fills in for EE & Phillips? ( I think Phillips especially will need some rest to keep his legs fresh.)
    Castro? Harris?? Olmedo???
    Probably Harris and Castro. Maybe Jerry Gil. I wouldn't pass up a trade for a decent pitcher to keep Freel for that. Its easy to sign guys for this role.

part of BBN

Re: reply to mth123

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I wouldn't pass up a trade for a decent pitcher to keep Freel for that. Its easy to sign guys for this role.
    just want to say i agree here. in my other post i wasnt sayin i wouldnt trade freel rather what we would do if we did.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    alot including myself have mentioned bringing in a guy with some pop for OF.
    more popular names appear to be nixon and wilson.
    if dunn and jr are both here come opening day....if one of those guys are signed,would we have a set leadoff hitter?
    freel/deno would only play in a sort of platoon basis in that case.
    it is my opinion that this team needs another piece of lumber because of the # of hitters in the same mold.....freel/deno/phillips/gonzalez.
    phillips and AG seem like 7 and 8 hitters but with ross, it will probably be 6 and 8.
    guess what i'm askin is if freel was to be traded and deno relagated to 4th OF...then our top of the order would be .....??
    I guess I'd start deno and lead him off. That bat would hopefully push Hat to the bench. Actually, I'd sign two bats if possible (probably not possible) one to platoon with or replace Hat the other as a 4th OF who has some pop and OB skills who can fill in for everyone. Wilson and Jay Payton would be ideal. Trade Freel in a deal for Pitching.

If I'm the Rockies I would ask for a pitcher in return too.

But if the offer was Freel and Belisle for Jennings, I think Colorado might just do it.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

If the reds can get Jennings by giving up Freel or Deno or someone of that caliber then i think its a no brainer. Any deal where that player is the main piece then its a deal that must be done.

Turn Off Ads?