Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Brewers trade Doug Davis

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    441

    Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Per rotoworld

    The Diamondbacks have reportedly acquired Doug Davis, Dana Eveland and David Krynzel from the Brewers for Johnny Estrada, Claudio Vargas and Greg Aquino.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,085

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Per rotoworld

    The Diamondbacks have reportedly acquired Doug Davis, Dana Eveland and David Krynzel from the Brewers for Johnny Estrada, Claudio Vargas and Greg Aquino.
    Dang. That sucks. The Reds could have matched that offer. Crap.

  4. #3
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    6,490

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Johnny Estrada & Damien Miller & JD Closser.

    How many offensive catchers do the Brewers need?

  5. #4
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Dang. That sucks. The Reds could have matched that offer. Crap.
    he only seemed to pitch well against Cincy, this will hurt him.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  6. #5
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,085

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    he only seemed to pitch well against Cincy, this will hurt him.
    The Reds could certainly have used him at the back of the rotation. He is infinitely better than Milton and Lohse.

    This is what I'm talking about when I say the Reds need to shore up the back end of the rotation--keeps the dropoff after Arroyo from being too dramatic.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 11-25-2006 at 05:00 PM.

  7. #6
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The Reds could certainly have used him at the back of the rotation. He is infinitely better than Milton and Lohse.
    That may be true but I am surprised about Arizona wanting him, his BB rate and game may not transition well from more the pitcher friendly Miller to the BOB.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  8. #7
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,085

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    That may be true but I am surprised about Arizona wanting him, his BB rate and game may not transition well from more the pitcher friendly Miller to the BOB.
    Doesn't give up the longball too often. I'll go out on a very short limb and say Arizona is a very good team next year.

  9. #8
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Doesn't give up the longball too often.
    he'd better not because he get killed with all the runners he puts on base. Coming to a place like Cincy which would surely bump his HR rate could be a disaster.

    I would like to see Lohse and Milton(especially) replaced, Davis would likely only be a minor improvement. Honestly I would rather have the arms of Vargas and Aquino.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  10. #9
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,085

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    he'd better not because he get killed with all the runners he puts on base. Coming to a place like Cincy which would surely bump his HR rate could be a disaster.

    I would like to see Lohse and Milton(especially) replaced, Davis would likely only be a minor improvement. Honestly I would rather have the arms of Vargas and Aquino.
    Aquino, yes. Vargas? No thanks.

    For whatever reason, Davis is tough to get great contact on. I don't think GAB would hurt Davis as much as Cincy's bullpen.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 11-25-2006 at 05:09 PM.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    511

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Im very suprised that almost everyone on this board doesnt give Loshe any credit what so ever.He came over to Cincy last season and pitched pretty well most of the time.I believe Loshe will be a good 4 or 5 starter,he at least deserves a chance.

  12. #11
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,085

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    Im very suprised that almost everyone on this board doesnt give Loshe any credit what so ever.He came over to Cincy last season and pitched pretty well most of the time.I believe Loshe will be a good 4 or 5 starter,he at least deserves a chance.
    Lohse is Brett Tomko. Except worse.

  13. #12
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,085

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    For all those who like to ask: "Who would YOU target?"

    Davis is one of them. (Jennings is another.)

  14. #13
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    43,281

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The Reds could certainly have used him at the back of the rotation. He is infinitely better than Milton and Lohse.

    This is what I'm talking about when I say the Reds need to shore up the back end of the rotation--keeps the dropoff after Arroyo from being too dramatic.
    IIRC you predicted that Davis was going to have a better ERA at the end of the year then any Reds starter, this was in July and Arroyo was clipping along at 2.47.

    He lost it control wise this year, maybe injury affected his mechanics? He dropped K's and picked up walks.

  15. #14
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,085

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    IIRC you predicted that Davis was going to have a better ERA at the end of the year then any Reds starter, this was in July and Arroyo was clipping along at 2.47.

    He lost it control wise this year, maybe injury affected his mechanics? He dropped K's and picked up walks.
    And for all his control issues, his OPSA was a very respectable .760, just .013 worse than Harang, with a better H/IP ratio than Aaron as well.

    Doug's a very good pitcher--but I don't know the extent or the existence of any injury. If he's injured, then I wouldn't pursue him. But I suppose it's moot as Arizona's unlikely to re-trade him.

  16. #15
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

    Thank goodness he's out of our division.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25