Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brewers trade Doug Davis

Brewers trade Doug Davis

Per rotoworld

The Diamondbacks have reportedly acquired Doug Davis, Dana Eveland and David Krynzel from the Brewers for Johnny Estrada, Claudio Vargas and Greg Aquino.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Per rotoworld

The Diamondbacks have reportedly acquired Doug Davis, Dana Eveland and David Krynzel from the Brewers for Johnny Estrada, Claudio Vargas and Greg Aquino.
    Dang. That sucks. The Reds could have matched that offer. Crap.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Johnny Estrada & Damien Miller & JD Closser.

How many offensive catchers do the Brewers need?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Dang. That sucks. The Reds could have matched that offer. Crap.
    he only seemed to pitch well against Cincy, this will hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    he only seemed to pitch well against Cincy, this will hurt him.
    The Reds could certainly have used him at the back of the rotation. He is infinitely better than Milton and Lohse.

This is what I'm talking about when I say the Reds need to shore up the back end of the rotation--keeps the dropoff after Arroyo from being too dramatic.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 11-25-2006 at 04:00 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

The Reds could certainly have used him at the back of the rotation. He is infinitely better than Milton and Lohse.
    That may be true but I am surprised about Arizona wanting him, his BB rate and game may not transition well from more the pitcher friendly Miller to the BOB.

That may be true but I am surprised about Arizona wanting him, his BB rate and game may not transition well from more the pitcher friendly Miller to the BOB.
    Doesn't give up the longball too often. I'll go out on a very short limb and say Arizona is a very good team next year.

Doesn't give up the longball too often.
    he'd better not because he get killed with all the runners he puts on base. Coming to a place like Cincy which would surely bump his HR rate could be a disaster.

I would like to see Lohse and Milton(especially) replaced, Davis would likely only be a minor improvement. Honestly I would rather have the arms of Vargas and Aquino.

he'd better not because he get killed with all the runners he puts on base. Coming to a place like Cincy which would surely bump his HR rate could be a disaster.

I would like to see Lohse and Milton(especially) replaced, Davis would likely only be a minor improvement. Honestly I would rather have the arms of Vargas and Aquino.
    Aquino, yes. Vargas? No thanks.

For whatever reason, Davis is tough to get great contact on. I don't think GAB would hurt Davis as much as Cincy's bullpen.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 11-25-2006 at 04:09 PM.

Im very suprised that almost everyone on this board doesnt give Loshe any credit what so ever.He came over to Cincy last season and pitched pretty well most of the time.I believe Loshe will be a good 4 or 5 starter,he at least deserves a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    Im very suprised that almost everyone on this board doesnt give Loshe any credit what so ever.He came over to Cincy last season and pitched pretty well most of the time.I believe Loshe will be a good 4 or 5 starter,he at least deserves a chance.
    Lohse is Brett Tomko. Except worse.

For all those who like to ask: "Who would YOU target?"

Davis is one of them. (Jennings is another.)

This is what I'm talking about when I say the Reds need to shore up the back end of the rotation--keeps the dropoff after Arroyo from being too dramatic.
    IIRC you predicted that Davis was going to have a better ERA at the end of the year then any Reds starter, this was in July and Arroyo was clipping along at 2.47.

He lost it control wise this year, maybe injury affected his mechanics? He dropped K's and picked up walks.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    IIRC you predicted that Davis was going to have a better ERA at the end of the year then any Reds starter, this was in July and Arroyo was clipping along at 2.47.

He lost it control wise this year, maybe injury affected his mechanics? He dropped K's and picked up walks.
    And for all his control issues, his OPSA was a very respectable .760, just .013 worse than Harang, with a better H/IP ratio than Aaron as well.

Doug's a very good pitcher--but I don't know the extent or the existence of any injury. If he's injured, then I wouldn't pursue him. But I suppose it's moot as Arizona's unlikely to re-trade him.

Thank goodness he's out of our division.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?