Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brewers trade Doug Davis

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Re: Brewers trade Doug Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Thank goodness he's out of our division.
    I second this.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Davis is so stingy that the infielders don't put on their gloves until the count's full. Very successful against impatient htters or with aid of accomodating umpires.

Glad to see him go to the desert.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

1.51 WHIP would have been 6th on the Reds staff this year...behind BA, AH, EM, ER, KL. Gotta find more guys that keep em off the paths. I think his dominance of the Reds this year was more indicative of the Rojos lack of clutch hitting, cause they had plenty o' baserunners.
    Last edited by VR; 11-26-2006 at 12:16 AM.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

FCB I respect your opinions and enjoy reading them,but have you ever considered that your ability to access talent isnt that great.Anyone that watched Lohse last season for Cincy more than once could understand why we need to give him a chance in the rotation.Now Im not saying he is the next Martinez or Johnson but he does have talent.He is young and can throw in the mid 90's.If he can harbor his control and emotions he can be a solid starter.Im just saying give him 15 - 20 starts and I think you will be suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    FCB I respect your opinions and enjoy reading them,but have you ever considered that your ability to access talent isnt that great.Anyone that watched Lohse last season for Cincy more than once could understand why we need to give him a chance in the rotation.Now Im not saying he is the next Martinez or Johnson but he does have talent.He is young and can throw in the mid 90's.If he can harbor his control and emotions he can be a solid starter.Im just saying give him 15 - 20 starts and I think you will be suprised.
    I'll let FCB give his own answers, but IMO there are 5 years of very mediocre at best with Lohse while here we have a couple months of good which may have been simply the first time around the league effect. I wouldn't mind gambling with a guy like Lohse if it was cheap, but he made $4 Million last year and is Arb eligible. The current market makes him a little more attractive (but could up his Arb price as well) but if I'm taking that kind of gamble I trade Lohse for something and get a cheaper guy like a Belisle or some one similar from another organization. Otherwise, I use that money toward a more sure thing.

I think if we could get some good young talent back for Lohse trade him,but Im just saying if you dont trade him give him a chance.I for have no desire to see Belisle in the rotation.I think he is just a 6+ era waiting to happen.

Turn Off Ads?