Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Officially Sick to Death of Peyton Manning

I'm Officially Sick to Death of Peyton Manning

I've always been a big fan of the guy, but I can't watch TV for 5 minutes without seeing at least one commercial with the guy. Enough is enough. There is such thing as over-exposure and Peyton has officially arrived at that point.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I'm Officially Sick to Death of Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I've always been a big fan of the guy, but I can't watch TV for 5 minutes without seeing at least one commercial with the guy. Enough is enough. There is such thing as over-exposure and Peyton has officially arrived at that point.
    Cut him slack; he's just compensating for the fact that he'll never get a Super Bowl ring.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPx3EsIYb6o

Maybe like Peyton Manning's team maybe...

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I have no idea who this is. I mean, I've heard the name, and I know he plays for the Colts or the Patriots, but I wouldn't know what he looked like if he if he hit me with a stick that said "I'm Peyton Manning."

My point is: you can avoid this stuff if you really try.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Not if you watch a lot of sports on TV, especially football.

And you seriously don't know who Peyton Manning is? If so, I have to assume you're a baseball only sports fan, no?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Anyone ever seen the movie Celtic Pride? If you have then Peyton Manning is exactly like the guy in that movie that gets kidnapped.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Not if you watch a lot of sports on TV, especially football.

And you seriously don't know who Peyton Manning is? If so, I have to assume you're a baseball only sports fan, no?
    My memory is selective. I remember a lot about baseball, but though I can watch a football game and enjoy it, I'm not likely to care much about the players or remember details of the game afterwards. And the fans turn me off. I find football to be a very weird mix of cracked-out testosterone and homoerotica.

And if you don't know who Peyton Manning is, you don't recognize him on commercials. It's ignorant bliss.

The one sport I can't get into at all is basketball. I went to a game last year, the Bulls vs. some team, I think it was the Portland Pioneers, and I was bored to tears. The atmosphere is fun but the game is stupid. The court is three inches wide and the players are eleven feet tall so they take one step across the court, score, turn around and start all over again. Bor. ing. I waited on the owner of the Bulls once and had no idea who he was, and I made a lewd comment about the oysters. He laughed so hard he turned red. I got fired. This made me none too keen on basketball either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoYAsv4Ryy8

Shake it off Johnny, rub some dirt on it.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoYAsv4Ryy8

Shake it off Johnny, rub some dirt on it.
    He's kind of funny. Not a bad commercial performance for an athlete.

This may be my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za8GlYjhzmE

D-CAF!

It's really no different than it used to be. It's just that we have more channels so we have more commercials and those commercials have Peyton Manning on them. I remember back in the 70s when Joe Namath did all kinds of ads for shaving cream, cologne, popcorn makers and even panty hose just to name a few. Just think if Namath played now. He'd make Peyton look like Mark Bulger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I saw a piece on his advertising career recently, and overexposure was exactly what they were afraid of.

It's happened, for sure. Pretty sad, especially if you like a 6'4", 235 pound quarterback with a laser, rocket arm.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I think Peyton is hilarious. I like the guy.

I think he does pretty well for himself considering acting isn't his day job.

But I'm sick of seeing him.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Cut him slack; he's just compensating for the fact that he'll never get a Super Bowl ring.
    Like they said about that Elway guy for about 15 years.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?