Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I'm going to Jacksonville!!!!!!!!

I'm going to Jacksonville!!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?...meId=263290120

I went to college at a school with one of the worst football programs in all of division I-A.

One year, FSU rolled into town as 40+ point favorites and they covered the spread...by halftime.

Now, after losing the starting qb in the season opener, and the starting tailback in game #3, the Deacs are going to Jacksonville to play for the ACC title and an Orange Bowl bid.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that something like this could happen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I'm going to Jacksonville!!!!!!!!

It doesn't get any better than Jax !!!
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Congrats to you and the Demon Deacons. It's pretty neat when, every once in awhile, some down trodden program reaches up and smacks the big boys down.

Good luck Saturday.

Rem

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

what's really amazing about Wake is - that Duke, Stanford & Northwestern get all the pub about being academic schools who play football (not the other way around). Yet Wake is just as tough, to get into - yet you never hear a peep about that.

When I was living in NC - Wake was always my fav local school. Way to go Deacons

Hopefully my Commodores are not far behind.

Wake and Vandy start a series next year, btw.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Hopefully my Commodores are not far behind.

Wake and Vandy start a series next year, btw.

You guys should hook up for a bowl game.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    You guys should hook up for a bowl game.
    I think they actually tried that a couple of years ago. But then the slide rules and protractors started flying and it got ugly in a hurry.

And as if playing for the ACC title wasn't good enough, it's happening in the same year that Duke football has gone 0-12.

Also, Wake Forest is the second smallest school to field Div-1A teams with only 4,200 students. They've had a hell of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Also, Wake Forest is the second smallest school to field Div-1A teams with only 4,200 students. They've had a hell of a year.
    Is Rice still the smallest???
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=263360059

On a damp, dreary December day in Jacksonville, I experienced something that words will never truly describe.

For the first time in my 34 years on this planet, the Deacs are ACC football champs. Grown men were in tears. 60 year old women were bouncing around like 4 year-old little girls on Christmas morning.

As the final seconds ticked off the clock, dozens of oranges started raining down on the field from the student section. There were hugs, high-fives, and smiles everywhere. The trophies, awards and honors that have always gone to the other team over the last 100+ years of football, for once went back to the Wake Forest locker room.

The smallest of the small. The perennial doormats. The team that was once again picked in the pre-season to finish dead last in the conference.

Will now be known as the team that's playing in the Orange Bowl on 1/2/07.

Now it's time for me to take out the second mortgage. I'm going to be in Miami on 1/2/07 no matter what it costs me.

:dancingco :dancingco :all_cohol :all_cohol

Congrats.

Rem

Turn Off Ads?