Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most overrated FB team of all time

Most overrated FB team of all time

Notre Dame

How in the world were they considered a National Title contender? How were they ranked 6th going into this game with USC?

They have beat a total of 1 current ranked team...Georgia Tech...The first game of the season that they squeaked by.

What a schedule Navy, North Carolina, Air force, Army.

Talk about a team living off their past.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Most overrated FB team of all time

When you're 10-1, where are you supposed to be ranked? It's not like they had a lot of other 1 loss teams behind them.

They're a good team. They were a little overmatched tonight, but they can play with most teams in the country. They'd beat Florida, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    When you're 10-1, where are you supposed to be ranked? It's not like they had a lot of other 1 loss teams behind them.

They're a good team. They were a little overmatched tonight, but they can play with most teams in the country. They'd beat Florida, IMO.

When was the last time they actually beat a top team?

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    When was the last time they actually beat a top team?
    Michigan was ranked in the top 5 when they beat them last year. And were it not for an illegal play with no time left on the clock, they would have beaten the #1 team in the country last year. And no one has been able to beat USC lately. They've played the teams on their schedule, what more are they supposed to do. Not being able to beat Michigan or USC this year isn't exactly something to hang your head over. And it certaily doesn't mean you're not a good team.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

It's easy to go 10-1 with a schedule like that. They schedule two top teams a year(michigan USC) and it seems like they loose to them every year.

I think they struggle with every team in the top 20. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    It's easy to go 10-1 with a schedule like that. They schedule two top teams a year(michigan USC) and it seems like they loose to them every year.
    Uh, no it's not EASY to go 10-1 or more teams with weak schedules would do it. And before this year, they had beaten Michigan the previous two season, so I'm not sure where you get that they lose to them every year. And Notre Dame generally plays one of the toughest schedules in the country. this year the teams on their schedule, with the exception of UM and USC, happened to be pretty bad.

I think they struggle with every team in the top 20. IMHO
    You're free to think that if you'd like. I think they'd beat most of the teams outside the top 10.

Charlie Weiss is overrated as a play caller imo. He is too risky. He refuses to play field position, and goes for it on 4th down way to often, most notably at midfield. He is such a good tactician his bravado gets the best of him. He is his own worst enemy. Against USC, Michigan and Ohio State last year his decisions to go for it on fourth down forsaking sure points via a field goal cost him dearly.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Weis coached about as well as he dressed tonight.

MWM, yes, Michigan was highly ranked last year, but those were preseason rankings. Michigan ended up 7-5. That's not a big win, the same way OSU's win over Texas isn't "big" anymore.

Michigan State
    Penn State
    Army
    Navy
    Air Force
    North Carolina
    Georgia Tech
    UCLA
    Purdue
    Stanford

Not exactly a guantlet. There's about 15 teams that would win every one of those games, and put up much better showings against USC and Michigan.

Notre Dame is as overrated as they come. Every time they play a physical team, they have a ton of injuries and they get rolled. They're soft.

I don't get the logic. Just because the teams you play aren't very good doesn't mean you're not capable of beating good teams. Their only two losses are to the second and third best teams in the country. there's nothing a team can do about their schedule. It's not their fault most of the teams on their schedule weren't very good this year. You can't make judgments on teams based solely on how good or bad other teams are. Saying the teams they beat weren't very good, therefore they're not very good either just isn't logical. I've watched Notre Dame a few times this year, and while they're not a top tier team, they're right at the top of the second tier. Like I said before, Florida is ranked #4 and I think they're better than Florida. I think they're better than any of the Big East teams or the Big 12 teams. They could play with anyone outside the top 5, IMO. This year, there's a larg gap between the top few teams and the rest of the country. That isn't usually the case, but this year I think it is.

Weis coached about as well as he dressed tonight.

MWM, yes, Michigan was highly ranked last year, but those were preseason rankings. Michigan ended up 7-5. That's not a big win, the same way OSU's win over Texas isn't "big" anymore.

Michigan State
    Penn State
    Army
    Navy
    Air Force
    North Carolina
    Georgia Tech
    UCLA
    Purdue
    Stanford

Not exactly a guantlet. There's about 15 teams that would win every one of those games, and put up much better showings against USC and Michigan.

Notre Dame is as overrated as they come. Every time they play a physical team, they have a ton of injuries and they get rolled. They're soft.
    ND's strength of schedule is higher than 10 of the top 15 teams.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Lot of bowl-eligible teams on that list...

I'd be EXTREMELY eager to hear you name 15 teams that would win every single one of those games and put up better showings against USC and Michigan. Because every team in the nation has shown themselves to be more than capable of looking like total garbage on any given Saturday (that includes you, OSU -- who couldn't put away an Illinois team that got beat by Ohio University at home).
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    Is the seat next to you empty? This will be better then Mission Impossible 3!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'd be EXTREMELY eager to hear you name 15 teams that would win every single one of those games and put up better showings against USC and Michigan. Because every team in the nation has shown themselves to be more than capable of looking like total garbage on any given Saturday (that includes you, OSU -- who couldn't put away an Illinois team that got beat by Ohio University at home).
    Exactly. And lets not forget Ball State either. Michigan escaped by the hair of their chinny chin chin.

But good teams still find a way to win those games when struggling.

My hat was off to Ron Zook who prepped/coached a darn good game against OSU.

He has a very young Illini team (50 freshman), with some quality talent that could make an impression in the Big 10.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    We have got to add this smilie to our menu.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?